Herding In Sa

OK SA dog sport people, I need some help connecting to the herding community.

I've tried the Dogs SA contacts, they are out of date. I've tried asking around the agility circuit, nothing yet.

What I am really after is someone who does private lessons, does anyone have any names or contacts?

Failing that how do I find out about the come and try days before they actually happen?

Thanks!

Try the facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/herding.southaustralia?fref=ts

and failing that - the agility sa facebook page / group

you have to join that one - hmm it says secret so I don't know if I should just post a link here or not.

I know there are people running herding trials - but I don't know if anyone is teaching. I think there must be. The person I used to go to - moved from SA to Tas so that's a bit far for lessons.

A lot of SA people go to Kate and Karen from Double K herding for their workshops, which are held in Nyora.

http://users.tpg.com.au/rozate/EZ%20Herding/EZCalendar.html

They may be able to tell you who to contact in SA.

They also go to SA on a regular basis to run clinics, where you can have a go at the sport.

Edited by grumpette

I will PM you the email address off the membership form on facebook.

There's a lot of SA based dog training stuff (agility and herding and other stuff) that I keep up with via facebook. Catalogues and training days and everything.

You don't have to use facebook for anything else if you don't want to. Tho it does make it easier if you're following trainers in the categories you're interested in when you try to join a secret group and have a dog in your avatar (facebook picture).

I lock down my stuff and have and have "only me" can see or make up stuff in the rude personal questions FB asks.