Searching For Accredited Delta Trainer

Maybe just email Delta and check because I was under the impression the 2 levels of training under a Delta trainer were a compulsory requirement.

I never had to train at all I just rocked up on an assessment day. My rottweiler went to a nursing home and my DDB went to a disabled day centre.

Maybe just email Delta and check because I was under the impression the 2 levels of training under a Delta trainer were a compulsory requirement.

I don't think it will be any different in Vic to NSW - they both run under the same umbrella.

Unless this is a recent change it is not the case.

I had two dogs who went thru and passed the Delta Therapy Assessment... then went to the Handler Day at St.Kilda..... They didn't have any venues out my side of town but said if we knew of anywhere we were welcome to organise paperwork for them... but was surprised to then find out that Delta actually charge the hospital/venue a fee (over $500 a year from memory)...

I was surprised at this as I had seen no mention of costs prior.... I know they have overheads, insurance and such, but a friend did hospital visits via the Lort Smith Hospital and they didn't have any charges.

It kinda put me off the whole thing as I wasn't going to ask any groups to pay a fee.... so did visits with the school and local aged care unofficially....

I had two dogs who went thru and passed the Delta Therapy Assessment... then went to the Handler Day at St.Kilda..... They didn't have any venues out my side of town but said if we knew of anywhere we were welcome to organise paperwork for them... but was surprised to then find out that Delta actually charge the hospital/venue a fee (over $500 a year from memory)...

I was surprised at this as I had seen no mention of costs prior.... I know they have overheads, insurance and such, but a friend did hospital visits via the Lort Smith Hospital and they didn't have any charges.

It kinda put me off the whole thing as I wasn't going to ask any groups to pay a fee.... so did visits with the school and local aged care unofficially....

Delta Society is a not for profit organisation officially. They ask the fee as a 'donation' to help cover insurance costs (public liability etc) it just happens to be mandatory.