Switching 9 Week Stafford To Raw

Haha thanks! Don't let the photos fool you!

Butter would melt in that mouth!

I would hope ( and can imagine) he is full of life and a great joy even if mischievous

:D

That may be true VM but that carrot won't :D

I've raised a few Stafford litters and beyond on raw.

Keep it simple, which is a variety of red and white meats on consumable bone. Chicken wings, necks, frames, turkey necks and wing tips, rabbit, roo tails, duck, lamb, beef. Alternate between the meats and a little offal. You can buy raw salmon heads and the smaller oily fish at the supermarkets and add some once or twice a week. Keep the veg to a minimum. If you want to feed fruit and veg content, carrot and apple peels are great or turf a little veg off your kitchen bench as you are preparing dinner.

I wouldn't bother with a feeding guide for amounts. For a 9 week old SBT two or three chicken wings depending on the size will constitute a meal. Judge the pup by its condition. You will be adjusting the amounts you feed as the pup has growth spurts.

Here's a litter enjoying their wings

post-4363-0-14708400-1431208162_thumb.jpg

I've raised a few Stafford litters and beyond on raw.

Keep it simple, which is a variety of red and white meats on consumable bone. Chicken wings, necks, frames, turkey necks and wing tips, rabbit, roo tails, duck, lamb, beef. Alternate between the meats and a little offal. You can buy raw salmon heads and the smaller oily fish at the supermarkets and add some once or twice a week. Keep the veg to a minimum. If you want to feed fruit and veg content, carrot and apple peels are great or turf a little veg off your kitchen bench as you are preparing dinner.

I wouldn't bother with a feeding guide for amounts. For a 9 week old SBT two or three chicken wings depending on the size will constitute a meal. Judge the pup by its condition. You will be adjusting the amounts you feed as the pup has growth spurts.

Here's a litter enjoying their wings

Thanks for simplifying it for me, makes me feel a lot better about it. I have done quite a lot of research and I'm fairly confident in making the switch, I think I'm just overestimating it and second guessing myself. Thanks for the assurance, i'll start off easy and continue the research as he develops.