Follow Up From Leaving Dog In Crate Whilst At Work

Willowlane

So hopefully we have resolved the situation.

We have an undercover area where we have 2 outdoor chairs and the dogs biscuit tubs and the grooming table and its all paved and a while ago we bought a 1.2m fence to put up in an L shape to enclose the area. My husband put it up on the weekend, as im in hospital I have no idea how it looks but it gives the dogs about an 8mx4m area to romp around in whilst im at work (5.5hrs). No idea where we are going to keep the big chairs but we can keep the grooming table around the corner. The dog biscuits have a very secure lid.

Im going the put out two crates for them, one material and one metal with a canvas cover. Lots of toys and lots of water but no food so no fights.

They are great together so I dont for see any problems there.

One question I have is what do people usually do for pee and poo in a courtyard???

Hi Willow, there was a thread on this topic not so long ago - http://www.dolforums...y-toilet-ideas/

I am following your ESS puppy's show career with interest, I might even get to meet her in person over the weekend.

ETA: There is a product called "Delete" which I am about to try, which gets good reports from people I know who use it. It's available from the Petecetera Van at EP (which is why I will be out there over the weekend :D)

Edited by Dogs Are Forever

Sorry you're in Hosp . - hope you're out & about soon :) That's a great handyman OH you have - although that fence seems a bit low ? is that the only fence separating them from the rest of the world- or is it an enclosure in your yard? You could try, for toileting , a large rectangle of good artificial turf , with something like a large Conni Critters pad underneath ... that way the turf can be hosed, and the pad replaced/washed - and paving remain clean & dry :)