Lung Surgery

Ci

Has anyone had experience with lung surgery?

We may be facing having to remove a mass about 3 cm big from bottom the lung. Surgeon doesn't know what it is just that it should come out as soon as possible but Tex is still recovering from a major op two weeks ago.

This would be most definitely last surgery if it were to happen.My vet is going over everything and speaking to a few people and will see him next week to talk about it all.

Any experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Ci

Thanks for your response. Am speaking to a few vets this week to find out more.

Have spoken to a few people whose dogs have had lung surgery and dogs have or are doing really well.

Guess we will see what vets say this week.

Edited by Ci

Thanks!

So far general opinion is that so far everything has been beign and dealt with so why leave a potential harmful one in there when there is no cancer anywhere and I do agree. It seems pretty straight forward but it is still major surgery.

The logic seems to be on the side of surgery, scary as that is. (can only imagine). I guess there is always some risk attached to any surgery, but your vet and surgical team seem like they're on the ball, and have the advantage of being familiar with the dog. Best of wishes heading your way.