Vetmedin

Boronia

Mac is now on Vetmedin (as well as Urex-M), he has been sounding snotty, hucking then developed a wobble which we thought may have been a tick. Off to the vet

Checked his heart which seemed ok , no tick, took an x-ray which showed fluid (heaps) on his chest, he spent time at the vets while they got rid of the fluid, his heart is enlarged and sounding further over than normal (hope that makes sense). it appears to be congestive heart failure.

Anyway, he is doing ok on the meds but I thought I'd ask here as I would be interested if it was available for humans.

Did a google search for "vetmedin human treatment" and came across a page titled...wait for it.... 'What Doctors Don't Tell You' (probably also to be found in conspiracy 101) that states: the arrival of pimobendan (marketed as Vetmedin), a drug specifically developed for dogs and cats (but now given to humans), was heralded as a wonder breakthrough for CHF, and specifically targeted at mitral valve disease, in which the mitral valve degenerates, allowing b......

http://www.wddty.com...rt-disease.html

and that's all I could find as I will need to join up to find the info.

Anyway, does anyone here know if it available as a human treatment in Australia.

Between me having the flu, Mac getting an old-man's crook ticker and Penny at the vet most of last week as she got a tiny bit of chicken bone caught in her oesophagus that couldn't be removed with forceps so had to open up her stomach and wick it out that way it has been one hell-of-a-week

Penny's tum

post-26505-0-20317000-1439965878_thumb.jpeg

I had one dog on it and another started yesterday. Today he developed vomiting, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, lethargy and burping which are listed as side effects.

At the vet yesterday I asked about getting a script and buying it online and was told that they wouldn't do it because I had no idea what I was buying and the quality of the product. I also asked about a human equivalent and the vet didn't know of one. He did say that once the patent expired it should become cheaper, but usually patents are for 5 years and this product has been out for longer than that - which wasn't very helpful.

Sadly my other dog on Vetmedin was pts yesterday

I was talking to Mac's vet yesterday and she said that there was another pill non-chewable available that was cheaper, also we could go for a double-dose tablet and halve it as well.

I cannot remember the name but will find out next week

She also said that the five year limit should be up by now so is going to enquire if a generic is available.

I'll keep this topic updated