Dog Muzzles For Australian Bulldogs

AUSB1976

Gday I'm hoping someone might be able to assist us, we own 3 Australian Bulldogs and have had no issues with the mother and father but we currently have their son who is 4 years old and is very aggressive towards other dogs when out walking. He seems to have an issue and will lunge and try and grab hold and even though we have him on a lead and with a harness my wife gets concerned as 36kgs of bulldog can sometimes be a handful.

I've looked at muzzles in some of the stores but being an Australian Bulldog they have that pushed in face(which I love) which means the muzzles don't fit, I'm wondering if anyone can suggest anything. Both his parents are docile, sweet and love other dogs it's just him with a bug up his bum. I have been to the vet and we have tried some of the behavioural suggestions which worked slightly but not completely.

Our concern is for other dogs as they do nothing wrong, we do walk him on his own now and usually away from other people or dogs, given his look and size he does get a lot of comments from people,and I would just like to be able to walk him and not be worriesd about him. At home he is a gentle giant and we are Melbourne based.

Thanks in advance

I think with a muzzle you'll find you walk more confident which will hopefully help him relax more. He could still give other dogs a nasty bruise if he "nose punches" them but much better than a bite.

Someone I know got theirs from here

http://www.bulldog-breeds-store.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3

I think the ones with less covering and a bit of padding will be better come summer

OK - maybe contact UNDERDOG training or INline k9 both are very professional and D O L members .

as to muzzles - ...maybe look at these JAFCO ones ? LINK

having a muzzle on , as you know, will not change your dog's attitude ....he will still be aggressive , and strong, and a risk.

have you tried him with a collar instead of a harness ?

Thank you for the above advice and we will certainly make enquiries, I should have said that we do have a collar and a harness on him at all times with his lead that has the double hook to pull him back and contro, him.

Much appreciated.

I think with a muzzle you'll find you walk more confident which will hopefully help him relax more. He could still give other dogs a nasty bruise if he "nose punches" them but much better than a bite.

Someone I know got theirs from here

http://www.bulldog-breeds-store.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3

I think the ones with less covering and a bit of padding will be better come summer

Thank you as we had been online searching but hadn't come across that website, really appreciate it.