Exporting A Dog To Usa

Icemist

• 3 weeks later...

All that is required for export to the USA is a vet check by a Dept of Ag accredited vet within 3 days of departure and the export paperwork from Dept of Ag.

I have forgotten the details, but when I brought my two to the US, it was a bit more complicated than this.

You're supposed to do a rabies shot some time before you fly (I think it was a month). Not many vets do this. In some places you can do the rabies vaccination upon arrival and then do home quarantine. I think there was some sort of treatment to get rid of fleas and ticks within some specified time before travel as well.

All that is required for export to the USA is a vet check by a Dept of Ag accredited vet within 3 days of departure and the export paperwork from Dept of Ag.

I have forgotten the details, but when I brought my two to the US, it was a bit more complicated than this.

You're supposed to do a rabies shot some time before you fly (I think it was a month). Not many vets do this. In some places you can do the rabies vaccination upon arrival and then do home quarantine. I think there was some sort of treatment to get rid of fleas and ticks within some specified time before travel as well.

Rabies is not compulsory for export to the USA.

It is recommended to get the rabies vaccination done though given that rabies is present in the US

Treatment is not compulsory either