5 Ways Dogs Can Improve Relationships

samoyedman

I saw the first benefit in action .... helping attract a mate.

Young bloke in our family circle used to borrow our little sweet, honey-natured sheltie to take for walks, especially when staying at the beach. Sheltie, Danny, was so pretty everyone thought he was a girl.

Found out why young bloke was so keen on taking Danny. Seems flocks of girls would gather around asking for pats & cuddles (from the dog, but who knows who could be next).

He used to call Danny his Chick Magnet.

Another way that dogs improve relationships which is not mentioned. They promote family harmony. Growing up I had 3 older brothers and they used to brawl a bit and my mother would say, 'Stop it, you're upsetting the dog.' and they would stop. :)

I think dogs can take a lot of credit for past human sociability and breaking down barriers. They seem to have been much more a universal interest and talking point. Less interest now, but still able to bring people together when given the opportunity.

I believe they have played a huge role in human social development.

Another way that dogs improve relationships which is not mentioned. They promote family harmony. Growing up I had 3 older brothers and they used to brawl a bit and my mother would say, 'Stop it, you're upsetting the dog.' and they would stop. :)

We actually do this now, Dozer slinks out of the room as soon as voices are raised