Breeders Terms

Melza83

Guest donatella

Legally they can't do anything if you don't want to stud. If they were serious about this a contract would have been drawn up in the beginning.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest donatella

Legally they can't do anything if you don't want to stud. If they were serious about this a contract would have been drawn up in the beginning.

No, I'm annoyed because I was hoping that my dog would not be used for another year or two given that he's still mentally young. Since when did dogs become appliances instead of best friends? I'm lost without him sleeping on my bed and sharing my toast. He goes everywhere except work with me. Don't most breeders breed for money? I have a good paying job. Money is no problem for me and doesn't seem right to me when it comes off the back of an animal. I used to work with thoroughbreds, they are all about money and not the poor horses popping out foals year in year out.

Are you for real????

Breeders breed to improve the breed, to preserve bloodlines, because they love their breeds and want to contribute to the breed. I'm sure they couldn't care less how much you earn.

Go troll somewhere else.

Edited by silentchild

No, I'm annoyed because I was hoping that my dog would not be used for another year or two given that he's still mentally young. Since when did dogs become appliances instead of best friends? I'm lost without him sleeping on my bed and sharing my toast. He goes everywhere except work with me. Don't most breeders breed for money? I have a good paying job. Money is no problem for me and doesn't seem right to me when it comes off the back of an animal. I used to work with thoroughbreds, they are all about money and not the poor horses popping out foals year in year out.

Since when did dogs become appliances instead of best friends? They didnt - best friends have sex and in my experience male dogs love to have sex.Cant see a washing machine getting a thrill out of that.

Don't most breeders breed for money? No actually they dont and if you have a good paying job and money is no problem for you then you should have said no thanks to the discount and paid for a dog outright - then you wouldnt have to think of the poor thing suffering doing what comes naturally and dipping his wick!

Are you sure about that? Contracts dont need to be in writing for them to be binding and your assumption that they needed to do so to show they were serious is ridiculous.

Guest donatella

Pretty sure there was a member who went legal on a puppy buyer who bred from a limited reg puppy when contracted not to. Even with a contract in place and a lawyer nothing could be done so yes I'm pretty sure.

Do you think your dog is a quality animal?

Do you want to see another generation of SBTs?

Then honour the agreement you made. Play your cards right and you can have a son or daughter when you are ready.

He can do his matings and sleep on your bed every night if they only live half an hour away.

Guest donatella

You clearly know nothing about contract law. Best you don't give advice on it.

Yes contract law with no written contract on place....

Pretty sure there was a member who went legal on a puppy buyer who bred from a limited reg puppy when contracted not to. Even with a contract in place and a lawyer nothing could be done so yes I'm pretty sure.

This is an entirely different scenario.

An agreement has been made between two parties for consideration. One gets a dog at a discount and the other gets stud services. That's a contract.

You clearly know nothing about contract law. Best you don't give advice on it.

Yes contract law with no written contract on place....

Failed at the first hurdle. You don't need a written contract for it to be binding in law. Agreement, consideration, performance.. that's enough.

People have these crazy ideas about stud dogs being screaming testosterone and no longer suitable as pets. Rubbish. My dog is the dog he's always been.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

I would think anyone with half a brain in this instance would get it all in writing otherwise it's he said she said

Yes, that would be for the best.

Particularly in this day and age when so many people's word and handshake don't count for anything.

Completely different - not even nearly the same.

I would think anyone with half a brain in this instance would get it all in writing otherwise it's he said she said

Yes, that would be for the best.

Particularly in this day and age when so many people's word and handshake don't count for anything.

And so many want to give advice for them to break the contract as if giving their word can be forgotten if it cant be proven in writing.

Perhaps these contracts should be documented is all I'm saying I'm not giving any advice

Then why tell the OP that it cant be upheld - that its not legally binding because it wasnt in writing?

By the way even if it was in writing it probably wouldnt be legally binding for another reason but that doesn't justify just changing your mind. The OP knows what the deal was and now she wants to bad mouth them because they have the hide to ask to collect on their agreement.

Just shot personal ethics and morals out the window and smooth crap on the breeder to justify the fact that you havent been true to your word. Sorry legal or not it sucks.

And I still stand by that without a written contract to prove the agreement

And continuing to demonstrate that, despite what social media tends to indicate, in the real world a strongly held belief is a poor substitute for actual knowledge.

How it would play out is that the Small Claims Court would hear evidence from both parties about the agreement under which the dog was sold and then determine the terms of the contract and whether it was breached.

Happens every day.

Best stick to what you know because you're demonstrating to anyone with a legal background that in with regard to contract law, that ain't squat. What concerns me and is the only reason I am responding to your posts is that some one looking to grasp at straws to avoid honouring an agreement might actually believe you.