Great Dane Easter Show Choice Irks Successful Breeder

Sheridan

TSD, you'll be at the Melb DLS? I was hoping for an ESS stand but couldn't see one :( is there a Dally section?

I'll definitely be visiting the Aussie Shepherd club too :)

Yes I shall! I think the Sunday on the Dally stand but need to confirm days. I apologise in advance if I'm tired and talking on auto pilot :laugh: If you would like to meet my working Springers feel free to PM me - I'm often at agility trials at KCC Park and elsewhere.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1459478442[/url]' post='6800585']
1459476421[/url]' post='6800581']

How often do judges withhold points?

I guess it is similar to a horse judge not awarding a first place or champion. It didn't happen very often. In 10 years of stewarding I only had a judge do it once and can only recall one other time were I saw it happen.

I've seen it a couple of times, and I have attended a grand total of about 15 dog conformation shows in my entire life :)

Yea, I've been to about the same amount and have seen 3 non awards, and that's only in the rings I've been paying attention too.

How often do judges withhold points?

I guess it is similar to a horse judge not awarding a first place or champion. It didn't happen very often. In 10 years of stewarding I only had a judge do it once and can only recall one other time were I saw it happen.

I have seen it several times and heard of more. There was a whole breed non awarded at Sydney Royal just gone. Happens more then you think.

Really? Which one?

I think I heard it happened to the Min Pins and I know in my breed -- this was my very first Royal as a competitor -- my boy was awarded Puppy in Breed but when it came time for the Dog Challenge, all of us were nil awarded and one of the boys is a champion uk import.

The bitch won BOB.