Gold Cocker Spaniel Pups

RebJane

Yes, great advice everyone. I agree, when we were looking at buying two pugs 15 years ago, we looked around for the right breeder and got two amazing boys. I don't mind the waiting, but just cant find a breeder to even start the process of looking, chatting, etc that breeds them. I thought Gold Cocker Spaniels were fairly common lol. I have emailed many local breeders to see if they know of anyone, hopefully Ill have some luck :)

Back in the heyday of Cocker Spaniels, they were. Nowadays most Cockers are roans. There are a few breeders of solid coloured dogs around but they are in the minority.

Have a look at gold or orange roan - very pretty. :)

Edited by Haredown Whippets

No doubt breeders are around. An acquaintance in Ballarat has four goldens, all neutered pets. From memory, he acquired two as puppies and two as adult rescues.

My own cocker as a child half a century ago was a blue roan when solid colours were much more common and then there was some bad press re the so-called "cocker rage" in the UK which apparently was linked to solid colours only and they did become less popular, although I don't believe that we had much of that syndrome in Australia at all.