"under The Sun" New, Made By Canidae

Pet Circle have a new kibble called Under The Sun its made by Canidae, grain free & grain kibble, the fat is lower at 11% min but the kibble is very pea heavy..

here's the link http://www.underthesunpetfood.com/under-the-sun-dog-food.php

when you click on link look up top in blue it says "We have changed some of our recipes click here" when you do click on blue link,

it says they're making new formulas that are Pork Free & single protein formulas, I've emailed Under The Sun asking will Australia be getting the new formulas

I'm interested in the New Whitefish formula, Canidae emailed back saying an International rep Manny Rossillo will get back to me....

Has anyone tried the new "Under The Sun grain" free or grain formula? on Dog Food Advisor a few dogs weren't that rapped in the kibble, maybe that's why they are changing their formulas.

Edited by sueang

About time dog food manufacturers realised single protein source foods are requored - and cat foods for that matter.

So frustrating to find a food tgat looks good then find there is a protein source slipped in further down the list that your dog is allergic to.

If its seafood why add frigging chicken?!!!! Keep it to fish! And there are many other examples.

About time dog food manufacturers realised single protein source foods are requored - and cat foods for that matter.

So frustrating to find a food tgat looks good then find there is a protein source slipped in further down the list that your dog is allergic to.

If its seafood why add frigging chicken?!!!! Keep it to fish! And there are many other examples.

it is actually quite interesting how the different kibbles affect the pooh in color, size&shape and firmness - if I wouldn't know what I feed I could recognize it from the poo. That just tells you that every kibble (or food) gets processed differently from the dog's metabolism thus having a big impact on overall nourishing.

Eta:...forget to list 'smell' and 'taste' for the poo parameters - can't comment much on the 'taste', but it seems that some poo eating dogs have their special taste :)

Edited by Willem

Having a boarding kennel I have a very good insight into what goes in and out, it is amazing how it can affect poop and colour of.

I have a cat with mahor tolerance and allergy issues. I have some issues in a coupke of my dogs. All of which would be much much easier to deal with if foods had single protein sources.

Having a boarding kennel I have a very good insight into what goes in and out, it is amazing how it can affect poop and colour of.

I have a cat with mahor tolerance and allergy issues. I have some issues in a coupke of my dogs. All of which would be much much easier to deal with if foods had single protein sources.

I must try and remember to warn kennels about Amber's poo! She is supposed to have runny poo but that might concern them.

Agree about the single protein.