Pembroke Corgi

trifecta

A member of a local list I am on is looking for a Pembroke Corgi. Working line was actually specified, but by the absence of Pembroke and Cardigan Corgi breeders listed here on DOL as well as DogsNSW, I'm beginning to wonder if they are yet another breed in decline. :(

Any breeders on here planning litters or with young dogs available? I would like to nurture this lady's desire to buy a purebred dog and point her in the right direction.

A member of a local list I am on is looking for a Pembroke Corgi. Working line was actually specified, but by the absence of Pembroke and Cardigan Corgi breeders listed here on DOL as well as DogsNSW, I'm beginning to wonder if they are yet another breed in decline. :(

Any breeders on here planning litters or with young dogs available? I would like to nurture this lady's desire to buy a purebred dog and point her in the right direction.

Only 418 bred last year Australia wide and only approx 10 percent of them on the main register - good luck.

There are plenty of corgi breeders listed on the breed pages here on DOL , 77 as for as I can tell. Look under Welsh Corgi

Ah thanks Gruf, I was looking under P & C, not w for Welsh! :dunce:

No bother, hope you find what you're looking for :D

Definitely not on the decline.

There are some dogs being used for herding and obedience but I am not aware of any "working line" corgis, well not pembrokes at least.

What does she want to do with her dog that makes her want working line? She should look for a breeder who shows in Australia with success, as good conformation = durable and able to work. And then she should tell those show breeders what she wants in a dog and they can tell her if their lines would be suitable or not :)