Is There A Way To Help Your Dog Have More Of An “Iron Stomach” Or Is I

I havent tried it, but will check it out too :)

I think she really loves more fish based foods as she is totally obsessed with the costco kibble (natures domain salmon and sweet potato) that my housemate uses... she likes that kibble as much as roast chicken!

So i am hoping to try her on a fish based one next time :)

I make these treats called salmon/tuna fudge/crack. Salmon and tuna might be too fatty, but if you wanted to splash out I wonder if a lean white fish could be substituted. In any case it could well be cheaper per kg than commercial pet treats... the recipe I use makes a LOT of treats (small cubes).

Some recipes add garlic or cheese but I keep it simple with just salmon, (oat) flour and eggs. Malcolm considers it extremely high value.

Edited by Papillon Kisses

I make these treats called salmon/tuna fudge/crack. Salmon and tuna might be too fatty, but if you wanted to splash out I wonder if a lean white fish could be substituted. In any case it could well be cheaper per kg than commercial pet treats... the recipe I use makes a LOT of treats (small cubes).

Some recipes add garlic or cheese but I keep it simple with just salmon, (oat) flour and eggs. Malcolm considers it extremely high value.

I saw a recipe for those recently too and am hoping to make them! :) Love the photo, soo cute :D

I am not actually sure if its because of the fat content or something else entirely that those things don't suit her as she does eat black hawk with no issues and the natures domain kibble too...

It may just be that devon/cheese/sausage was salty or too processed, or that a teaspoon was too much for her size at the time - she is a pretty small dog now (7ishkg) and was even tinier before!

I am not actually sure if its because of the fat content or something else entirely that those things don't suit her as she does eat black hawk with no issues and the natures domain kibble too...

It may just be that devon/cheese/sausage was salty or too processed, or that a teaspoon was too much for her size at the time - she is a pretty small dog now (7ishkg) and was even tinier before!

A teaspoon at a time>>>>>eek1.gif that would be a huge training treat for a Mastiff even!

Find a stock cube, and cut it neatly into four equal pieces. Study the size of one of those. Memorise it. That is the maximum size I would be giving her....

A teaspoon at a time>>>>>eek1.gif that would be a huge training treat for a Mastiff even!

Find a stock cube, and cut it neatly into four equal pieces. Study the size of one of those. Memorise it. That is the maximum size I would be giving her....

haha no not a teaspoon at a time...that was the total size of the treat food before cutting it up!!

So like 2cm of sausage or a cube (1.5cm) of cheese cut up into smaller pieces, i assume similar to a stock cube? (cut up into very small pieces so at least 8 pieces from those)

Edited by mowgliandme

haha no not a teaspoon at a time...that was the total size of the treat food before cutting it up!!

So like 2cm of sausage or a cube (1.5cm) of cheese cut up into smaller pieces, i assume similar to a stock cube? (cut up into very small pieces so at least 8 pieces from those)

Phew!! That sounds much better!cheer.gif