Upgrading my Nikon

DeltaCharlie

Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade my Nikon d90 this year. I've had it for ages and it has well and truly served me well, but I think it's time to look at something more recent. I'm happy to just keep saving until I have enough $ for what I'm after, so there is no upper limit on price (within reason).

Almost all of my photography these days is agility, so it needs to cope with fast action. I am currently using a tamron 70-200mm f2.8 lens.

I'd prefer a body that is compatible with all lenses as my 50mm lens is not an AF-S lens.

It's been so long since I've looked at camera bodies that I just don't know what models to start researching. What would you recommend and why?

I'm out of touch too.  Still have the D90 (and D80) not getting enough use. 

If I was upgrading I'd be brave and trawl through the wordmills on DPReview for some opinions.  I just had a quick look and the 7200 seems extra good, out of my budget right now, but so would a box brownie equivalent be at present.

Let's know what you decide: I'm getting physio on my super bad arm and shoulder, and hope to be able to pick up the Nikon to use soon: as it is I just carry a light mirrorless Panasonic Lumix around with me, I can use it one-handed and know what that does to picture quality, but is better than nothing til I have two-handed capability again. 

• 2 months later...

Did you end up buying a new camera DeltaCharlie?

I am at long last able to afford to upgrade my camera and have been hankering after a D750 for a while which would be a move to full frame for me. However, having done some research in recent weeks I am very taken with the D500 which is the long awaited replacement for the D300s which was a great camera.

Anyone on here have a D500?