Dear Zena ........

Kazm

This is going to be too long for the dear thread so here I am......

Dear Zena,

Today is exactly 12 months since we had to let you go. Today has been very tough just as it was a year ago. We have still not come to terms with your passing and we are constantly thinking of you and talking about you. Even though we know there was nothing we could have done to save you it still doesn’t stop us wishing we had tried. We have got through the year relatively ok but it’s just not the same around here without you. Camping trips are very different too. 

Molly and Lucy cat are doing fine. Molly has really taken on the task of looking after us and shares herself between your dad and I. She’s a funny little girl and there is so much of you in her. She is such a sweetie and we’d be lost without her. Lucy cat has really taken on the job of being the oldest 4 legged now. She comes in every night and with her annoying cat ways makes Molly move from the seat between dad and I just so she can sit there. It was your seat.

Most of your 4 legged family still come for visits too. Molly always has company. Poor Snoozy, he’s not too good. He now has diabetes and is struggling to put weight on. Our fingers are crossed he can get better real soon. Poor Boris, (the father of all your pups) will soon be joining you at the rainbow bridge. He’s not too great these days. Old age !!!  

One of your favourite people, Katherine, had a baby last year and he stays with us a few times a week. You were not too fussed on kids but I know you’d love this little guy. Surprisingly Molly does. 

I have finally finished your photo book. It was something I wanted to do right from the start but just couldn’t bring myself to do it. But I always knew I’d have it finished for today. What started out as just a few great photos soon snowballed and is now an 80 page book showing off your entire life from start to finish. Yes, I do take too many dog photos and it was just too hard to pick a few. The book is awesome and it helped me this morning. My gosh, you were so photogenic.

Zena, I just really hope that you knew how much we loved you and that you did have a good life. When we picked you from your litter we just didn’t know how much of a special girl you were going to be.  I think when we lost your mate, ( our first schnauzer) when you were only 6 months old, that’s when I realised. Those following weeks when I was so upset at losing my best mate of 10 years you really were there for me. That’s when you became my constant shadow and made me laugh at your antics every day. And I mean every day. You really were such a comical dog. An awesome, amazing dog. Without you I would have been lost. Now I have Molly and I promise you that she will be looked after and I won’t let anything within my power take her away from us. Like you she deserves the best. I just wish we could have fixed you and done so much more. 

We are so proud to have known you and happy that you were a part of our lives. Your whole family miss you like crazy. One day we will be together once more.

We love you Z. 

from Mum, Dad, Molly and Lucy.

C72BA2C9-8BDB-4547-AC2A-C6725177A403.thumb.jpeg.f919bf7857f4a26fe6bb4ef616317588.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Anniversaries are hard.    So it must be coming up to a year in May since I had to farewell my dear old Kirra dog.  Life has been pretty full on getting a handle on the cute and adorable and completely crazy Pippa puppy that I firmly believe Kirra organised for us before she left.  Today I had relatives come to visit and need to use the dining room table to have DIY lunch with their kids .. and so I have finally moved dear Kirra's bag with her ashes off the table where it's been for nearly a year.  Can you tell I don't use the table much .. except to put things on   Funny the things we do and don't do, isn't it.

• Like 1