Importing photos to ON1

trifecta

Hello everyone......haven't posted on here for quite a while, but when I have a problem Dolforums are always my go to!

I am in the process of resurrecting my photography hobby but am disappointed to find Lightroom now demands a monthly subscription and I don't want to be paying out for the rest of my life! So I have paid a one off fee for ON1 after having read all the reviews about how it is similar to LR and how easy it is to use for a non-pro.

However, in spite of studying multiple tutorials and help pages, I just cannot get the damn photos to import from my SD card. I select the photos I want to import, but when I go to find them, there is only one! Sorry, probably not explaining myself very well, but is anyone familiar with this photo editing program and can you help?

Ok..this is one I had not heard of ..
I just looked here :  https://digital-photography-school.com/on1-photo-10/  briefly ..and found this . From which I gathered images are uploaded to  somewhere 'out there'  before THEN being downloaded to the editing program ...   ???

In the Browse section you can look at your photos and catalogue them, decide where you want them, and upload them to Cloud storage facilities like Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive. It is similar to Bridge in Photoshop or the Library Module in Lightroom. You can make the images larger, so you can get a better look at them and decide which ones you want to work on.

When you want to start editing, the other modules are there for you to use.

Edited by persephone

Can't help Trifecta, but anyway good to see you and so glad you are getting back into it.  When you sort the problem please let us all know so it can be added to our info to search when we need it.  I am just one of many thousands of us aggrieved that the fees have virtually locked out so many hobbyists.  The affordable alternatives are there, but take finding and all seem to come with limitations.  Plodding on.

• Like 2