Leash aggression

s.bale23

Just wondering how you did  with the dog , was it fixed ,  Made me wonder if it was you not the dog ,, reason i say that is  in the past i've always had big dogs , 2 boxers who were  so obeidient i did'nt even need a leash , then  a massive sheperd , who was good with or without the leash ,, then  we had  rottweilers , one a male  , the later one a female  , each and eveyone of these dogs were great on and off lead , they were all gentle giants ,,  but  when the wife took the rottys for a walk  , they were different ,  epseielly the female rotty , she was such a loving gentle dog ,    we found out after she died , even the neighbors kids used to jump the fence to play with her when we were out . But when out with the wife , she would get very protective ,  one day a guy stopped to talk to the wife , and she attacked his dog when it  came in for a pat of the wife , EVERY other time she was gentle with dogs cats and people ,  just changed when the wife took her out  on leash ,

I always told the wife they could sence her being nervous , and stopped her walking the dogs

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coneye said:

Just wondering how you did  with the dog , was it fixed ,  Made me wonder if it was you not the dog ,, reason i say that is  in the past i've always had big dogs , 2 boxers who were  so obeidient i did'nt even need a leash , then  a massive sheperd , who was good with or without the leash ,, then  we had  rottweilers , one a male  , the later one a female  , each and eveyone of these dogs were great on and off lead , they were all gentle giants ,,  but  when the wife took the rottys for a walk  , they were different ,  epseielly the female rotty , she was such a loving gentle dog ,    we found out after she died , even the neighbors kids used to jump the fence to play with her when we were out . But when out with the wife , she would get very protective ,  one day a guy stopped to talk to the wife , and she attacked his dog when it  came in for a pat of the wife , EVERY other time she was gentle with dogs cats and people ,  just changed when the wife took her out  on leash ,

I always told the wife they could sence her being nervous , and stopped her walking the dogs

It sounds more like the dog was resource guarding your wife.

Please don’t blame her. It’s not her fault.

• 4 weeks later...

Lol,,, The rottys died years ago   i certainly never blamed any of the dogs, i blamed my wife , i think her nervousness when out on her own  the dogs could sence it and got protective, she was always very nervous especielly after the female attacked another dog , when its owner stopped for a chat , it did get to the stage where i stopped the wife walking the dogs in the street  on her own ,and instructed her only to take them to the dog beach   and immidietly unleash  them  , just walk and let them follow and play with other dogs , both the rottys would generally ignore other dogs and just casually follow  , but were trained to come back when called    off leash there was never a problem , only on leash when walking in the street and only with the wife never with me