Pet friendly retirement homes

fbaudry

Very long shot I know but wondering if anyone had any recommendations for retirements homes in the Sydney area?

92 years old lady who’s lived at home until last week when she had a fall and is now in hospital. She’s always said no to nursing homes but I’m trying to suss out assisted living options (I really believe she will need ongoing care) where she can take her little dog.

Currently looking after her dog, but trying to be proactive in this stressful time and hoping for a satisfactory outcome for her

I honestly hope you can find a spot. I will watch this thread for leads. 

There can't be that many out there because we often have surrenders for that very reason and no family can/will help. :cry: It's so sad.  

• Like 1

https://www.stockland.com.au/retirement-living/nsw/cardinal-freeman-retirement-village

Google this.  There are variations on the Cardinal Freeman accomodation style.  A neighbour 's mother has recently gone to live there after selling her property.  Everyone is very happy with the accomodation & they apparently have their own wine bar & other social outlets.  They have assisted living with a Concierge that takes care of everything.  Not sure about the pet aspect but hoping it's allowed.  Advert show pictures of dogs- hopefully allowed.

• Like 1