Disturbing dog park incident.

Ray27

14 hours ago, asal said:

had a phone call from a friend whose puppy has been recently attacked in the street while out for a walk.   Her puppy is so traumatised now she is refusing to leave the house.  So distressed when she tried to carry her out the door she snarled at her and snapped her her to let her go then fled back into the house.

time and meds from the vet is the only things I have heard helps from someone whose dog was severely attacked twice in 3 weeks.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Ray27 you're partner was the only person there that day that had more than half a clue. 
One can only imagine how much worse it could have been had she not intervened. ["Stick your finger up it's arse!" Yep. Works every time, especially effective on male dogs]

In that situation I'm the type of bloke who would have roared at the clueless owners to get training for themselves and their dogs. Once I had their attention I'd suggest that they get a trainer to conduct group training. 

Dogs need to be able to stretch their legs for sure. Since my jogging days are over, my GSD trots alongside me as I ride a mobility scooter for 40 minutes every day. 
I'd love to let him off lead but my local dog park isn't much better than what seems to be the norm.