Obtaining a puppy on MR

Kelly Gunn

On 24/02/2022 at 9:43 AM, Rebanne said:

not correct

That was the reason I was given for the opening of the "development register"  I know many who submitted dogs. I looked after one of the last Rokeglen girl's for the remainder of her life.

So many decades ago.

I met the only kennel left with MR stumpy tailed cattle dogs at sydney royal her dogs were beside mine.  

They were the only exhibits  

On 24/02/2022 at 11:51 AM, Podgus said:

My 2 cents worth on Goldie’s …as a groomer of 36 yrs I’ve seen the majority of Goldens ‘that Ive handled’ decline into gigantic stupidly over coated dogs with little emotional control, manifesting in over the top unmanageable exuberance or timidity edged with aggression. That’s before structural issues are even mentioned. Personally I rate them pretty low on my list of desirable pet dogs.  My vet once called them a ‘bite with a smile’ breed so unable to control their emotions that they’d be wagging their butt off one end while chewing your face off up the other end. Pretty sad. 

explains my neighbours golden.   she phoned me and asked for my help, she said he had brought home the head of a goat, and she was so sickened by the sight she could not touch it. asked me to come and put it in the bin.   I had known that dog since he was a pup, I had no idea he was food proud, he would have been 10 months old at this time.

so I went to her place, picked it up and threw it in the bin, except although he was wagging his tail he went for me and he wasnt kidding. the snarl was spine chilling and I spotted the tap and hose with seconds to spare turned it full on and into his gaping mouth choking him with the water going down is throat deflected his teeth from my arm.

the bitch admitted she deliberately did not tell me he would attack if I touched it because she knew I would not have done it and she did not care if I was bitten, long as it was in the bin.

She expected I would be bitten, was happy to pay the doctors bill as her hubby is a doctor.  She was amazed I managed to deflect him. thanks for nothing very ex friend neighbour.

I kid you not.  for obvious reasons i wrote her off the "friend" list and never "helped" her again. 

Edited by asal
  • Sad 1

On 24/02/2022 at 9:35 AM, ~Anne~ said:

What’s the percentage of breeders who sell MR only, and also import dogs into their bloodlines do you think? 

no names but one I know well everything was LR and desexed, they paid for an outstanding import and all that progeny sold was LR and desexed.   plenty of new genetics although if you wanted to access it, would have to have the desexed pups cloned to produce backyard pups  

:thumbsup:

5 years ago I purchased a pedigree pup from QLD.  I paid full price for the pup and it was on MR. Within 6 months the dog was diagnosed with a serious hereditary condition.  As it had stunted growth (Giant Breed) due to this hereditary condition it could not be shown or bred with.  It was extremely small compared to the rest of the litter.  We were shocked at how small the pup was when we picked it up at the airport.  It was half the size of the sibling in the cage next to it.  Pedigree on MR.

Several months ago I paid full price for a pup from a litter that were "all show quality".  Extremely reputable breeder whom I had known personally for a long time.  Although show quality all pups on LR.  

• Sad 1