who buys doodles? why?

sandgrubber

On 26/6/2022 at 8:14 AM, Deeds said:

I wonder how many Oodles end up in Rescue Shelters.

Very few here in Western Australia. I know I have been looking for a poodle cross.. Mostly  staffies , mastiffs,bull arab kelpies  and variety of the above breeds that are crosses.
We owned a standard Groodle before they became a fad. He was free, though we did give his previous owner some money. Many people were put of by his size and his jumping up on your shoulders. Having Irish & Gordon Setters previously knew it would be relatively to train this out of the Groodle.. Well after a few hours of having our excitable 14 month giant, he never again jumped up on us. He was friendly layback giant. Loved by all. Well behaved and so careful around children and despite his size he would very nimbly reverse his way out  between coffee table and sofa. You could leave food lying around and he would not touch it.

He did not shed , even though his coat was the more long wavy curls. We had our delightful dog for another 14 years. Our adult son adored him and was so impressed, he got himself a Standard Groodle after he stayed with him when we went to Tassie.

I am horrified at the price people now pay for Poodle Crosses and really do not check out where they come from.

There are some responsible breeders that have only a few dogs and rest are guardian dogs that are for limited breeding.

• Like 2