Dog Owners are Shocked at the Price pf Taking Care of their Designer Dogs

Deeds

They seem to be only expensive if getting them from a puppy broker who markets itself as amazing when it’s not. If they combed their hair out properly then they wouldn’t need to be shaved down. Purebred poodles need to be groomed/shaved far more than the mixes but the mixes have such difficult mix of hair that people struggle brushing them properly and they end up needing to be shaved. Defeats the purpose of the ‘teddy bear’ look I imagine a lot are going for. 

I think also mixes tend to have all different hair to one another, some need more grooming than others I’d imagine so ‘breeders’ struggle in telling them exactly what will be needed. 

Many long haired dog breeds seem to be shaved down in pet homes due to unwillingness to properly groom them. And it is hard if you have little time or have to do it so often and can’t stick to it. Easier to just shave them down I guess but then you have to do it so often.

I feel for these mixed dogs and it’s probably the biggest reason why I’m generally against poodle mixes. Even if they got all the testing in the world done and were super well bred and reared, they still have difficult hair and tend to suffer for it with mats etc and I can’t stand the thought of a dog in pain and discomfort from mats. 

• Sad 1