Not getting papers

Rascalmyshadow

I thought I’d ask on here about one of our dogs and his pedigree papers, we bought him from a registered breeder (yes I did check she’s legitimate) he was purchased on limited registration and I expected to gets his papers the day we collected him (he was 4 months old) the breeder told us she would send them once she had them, a few months went by and she then told me she hadn’t registered the litter yet (he was around 7 months old at this stage) he’s now 16 months old and we still have no papers, just wondering what I can do to obtain them as I’ve never had this issue before and since we paid quite a bit of money for him I expected to get them.

Can you try contacting the state body he's registered with and explaining your situation?  I believe members of Dogs West at one stage weren't required to provide papers for dogs to new owners but upon checking their regulations, this has been changed and now the pedigree must be provided.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rascalmyshadow said:

I thought I’d ask on here about one of our dogs and his pedigree papers, we bought him from a registered breeder (yes I did check she’s legitimate) he was purchased on limited registration and I expected to gets his papers the day we collected him (he was 4 months old) the breeder told us she would send them once she had them, a few months went by and she then told me she hadn’t registered the litter yet (he was around 7 months old at this stage) he’s now 16 months old and we still have no papers, just wondering what I can do to obtain them as I’ve never had this issue before and since we paid quite a bit of money for him I expected to get them.

Im going to say if not done by 7 months there is a reason as late penalty fees start to set in .
I would contact the State body with your issue alternatively if you want to send a pm with prefix i can check ANKC database if registered need date of birth 

59 minutes ago, Princess Fru Fru said:

Can you try contacting the state body he's registered with and explaining your situation?  I believe members of Dogs West at one stage weren't required to provide papers for dogs to new owners but upon checking their regulations, this has been changed and now the pedigree must be provided.

This is not true .
WA breeders dont have to provide papers .
A process must be clearly defined before sale .
WA breeders can use the Non Transfer agreement form 
I/We, the undersigned, acknowledge that it has been fully explained to me/us that the above dog is registered with Dogs West in the current owners name, and will remain registered in that name in accordance with the following regulation - R11 which states:  THIS AGREEMENT IS TO BE SIGNED BY ALL PARTIES Payment By Credit Card Mastercard Visa Other Total Due $ Card No Expiry date / Cardholders Name Signature 11.1 All applications to transfer a dog must be submitted on the Association's form. A seller shall be responsible to transfer the ownership of a dog, when a dog is disposed. A completed transfer of ownership form to the new owner must be submitted by the seller to the Association within 90 days of change of ownership. Where it is agreed by the parties that the dog is to remain in the registered ownership of the seller, then a Non-Transfer agreement must be submitted by the seller on the approved form within 90 days of change of ownership. 11.2 A dog subject to a Non-Transfer agreement shall not be transferred to any other party while an agreement is in effect. A Non-Transfer Agreement can only be cancelled on written request from all parties

Edited by Dogsfevr

4 hours ago, Dogsfevr said:

Im going to say if not done by 7 months there is a reason as late penalty fees start to set in .
I would contact the State body with your issue alternatively if you want to send a pm with prefix i can check ANKC database if registered need date of birth 

Thank you I’ll send you the details. I don’t want the breeder to get in trouble but we did purchase him with the belief we’d get his papers.

Oh also we’re in VIC and he is from a Vic breeder if that makes any difference.

Edited by Rascalmyshadow