Breeders listed on DogzOnline but not with DogsAu state bodies?

glasshutch

Hi all - hoping the wisdom of this community may be able to help clarify the pedigree registration process.

I am currently seeking a purebred puppy and am looking at breeders in NSW using the DogzOnline list. The longstanding breeder I am interested in has said that puppies will be registered in their DogzOnline puppy listing, and mention the Canine Council on their personal website.

It's my understanding that DogzOnline breeders must be members of their state ANKC as per the site T&C. However, I've followed the instructions to check DogsNSW for current registration and can't find the breeder that we are interested in listed. 

I've asked for clarification from the breeder of course, but as I haven't heard back yet, I'm wondering if anyone here knows of reasons that a legit DogzOnline listed breeder may not be able to be found on their state ANKC list?

Edited by glasshutch

Looking at the Dogs NSW website, I see that you check by entering kennel name or breeders number + email address or phone number. I imagine that a discrepancy might occur if the breeders used more than one phone number (e.g. home and mobile or husband’s and wife’s). There could also be clerical errors or delayed data entry at Dogs NSW.

Ask the breeder if they can provide alternative contact details to check. If that doesn’t work, phone the Dogs NSW office.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, DogsAndTheMob said:

Looking at the Dogs NSW website, I see that you check by entering kennel name or breeders number + email address or phone number. I imagine that a discrepancy might occur if the breeders used more than one phone number (e.g. home and mobile or husband’s and wife’s). There could also be clerical errors or delayed data entry at Dogs NSW.

Ask the breeder if they can provide alternative contact details to check. If that doesn’t work, phone the Dogs NSW office.

Amazing, thanks so much for this guidance DogsAndTheMob. I had only spotted the breed/puppy list and not the option to search by prefix/contact details - which has come up with a lovely green tick!

Appreciate your assistance again. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, glasshutch said:

Amazing, thanks so much for this guidance DogsAndTheMob. I had only spotted the breed/puppy list and not the option to search by prefix/contact details - which has come up with a lovely green tick!

Appreciate your assistance again. 

I’m so happy I could help. Looking forward to seeing puppy photos.

• Like 4

Just a helpful note because sometimes you might not have all the required details to run a DNSW breeder check (eg phone number or email address), you can also search via the Dogs Australia website and you only require the prefix OR member number.

Simply visit the Dogs Australia homepage and scroll down until you reach the Breeder Check

tempsnip.jpg

Edited by Princess Fru Fru
  • Like 3