There Seems to be Lots of Surveys Specifying Longest & Shortest Lived Dog Breeds. What was yours? And What Breed & Age.?

Deeds

Mine were 2 ex show dogs females who had 3 litters each .  They were Giant Schnauzers and one lived to 16 and a half and the other to 17 years.  Both with very few health problems during their lifetimes.

• Like 1

Mine was a border collie who was puppyish until he was 15 and died just before his 16th birthday.

Or maybe the miniature poodle I rescued from living under a school building in 1999 (at a time when rescues were struggling to rehome even fit, pretty “small white fluffies”.). He looked like an older dog, he went blind with cataracts within a year and deaf a few years later, but he lived into the mid 2010s.

Edited by DogsAndTheMob
  • Like 2

Longest living  , Long haired shepard , the biggest and  best looking shepard i've ever seen ,  just a few months short of 18 years

Shortest ,  Male Rottweiler ,  around 7  and half ,  never had a sick day in his life   just died  young  Ok in the morning just collapsed and died in the afternoon

Second shortest ,, Female Rotty  just over 8 years old  always healthy  until about 2 weeks before she died , on  her nightly walk ,  she just stopped  and i had to carry her home ,  , did'nt seem sick , vet said she was  OK    just old overnight ,  2 weeks later  died in her sleep .

• Like 1