Maremmas Surrendered by Unprepared Owners. ABC News 10/5/24

Deeds

My sister was given one , she loved it  large big bundle of fluffy white fur ,, Then it got bigger  lucky they live in the country and  had a big backyard  because  walking it became a problem  for them , there is only her and my neice and neither were strong or capable enough to walk him , he just dragged them to wherever he wanted to go , lovely dog though that unfortunatly got some desease and died at around 2 ,,, WHAT IT DID DO WAS MAKE THEM AWARE OF WHAT DOG TO GET NEXT   they got a little sausage dog  (daschund ) , much more suitable to them and there lifestyle

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I wonder how many are rehomed from farms - particularly small farms. In the farming and poultry forums I follow, I often see them recommended as an easy solution for people with predator problems. It’s concerning that people may get them on those recommendations, without thinking through the implications of taking responsibility for another animal - one  that could live twelve to fifteen years and cost thousands of dollars per year in food, preventative medicines and vet care. Sometimes, other solutions such as better fencing or more secure housing may be a more effective and far less expensive solution to predator problems.

Edited by DogsAndTheMob
  • Like 1