K9 Force Workshop

Due to popular demand K9 Force had agreed to run another workshop.

This will be the last workshop Steve will have this year so if you were thinking about attending one of them - here is your last chance for 2005.

There were few people that wanted to come to the July one and for some reason were not able to attend, there were few that wanted to but missed out as there wre no more spots available.

I have deleted all messages so I dont know who wanted to come etc.

So if you were on a list at some stage please PM me again as I can not remember who was.

Cost is $90 per person, lunch included.

For those that have not heard about those seminars here is what some attentees of the last one said

http://forums.dogzonline.com.au/index.php?showtopic=31753

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, its nice to see this subject back up, I was almost worried that there will not be enough people to run it as I had only few people asking to put their name down for it.

General workshops run by Steve are of benefit to anyone, including those that dont even have a dog at this stage. It is priceless info that you can keep for life and can be applied to any dog at any time.

To each workshop people brought their dogs, everyone had some sort of the problem.

So first half of the day is the theory part the second part is the problem solving for the particular dogs that are there.

Often people find that in the theory part some of their issues are addressed :D

Peoples problems (so far) are quite common - dogs jumping up, pulling on lead, becoming death, no recall plus some have dog to dog agression. There were some that had something not so common like chasing of a tail.

Everyone has an opportunity to put their problems forward, ask questions and have them answered. all of the probles are lsited and each one is addressed, where everyone listens as it most likely applies to them as well.

As majority of people have a problem with their dog pulling on lead there is a practical demo of Steve taking someones dog and teaching it to walk on loose lead. There is an explanation of every move done by Steve as well as the dog, explanation of dogs body language and if you watch this carefuly and remember the theory learned in the morning you will be able to walk out from the workshop, apply the stuff you learned and teach your dog yourself.

Majority of the time peoples jaws drop to the gorund in disbelief how quickly this can be done. Ask ninaandted about her golden retriever...... that arrived dragging her OH and left walking nicely by his side.

The rule is one dog per person, some people come with no dog at all.

I have put all of your names down and still have couple of spots left.

If this subject drops down I will bring it up in couple of weeks to check if you are all DEFINITE and we will go from there.

It will be held at Steves place in kurrajong Heights (Sydney north west) 10am -5 pm (or there abouts)

Edited by myszka

Peoples problems (so far) are quite common - dogs jumping up, pulling on lead, becoming death, no recall plus some have dog to dog agression.

Woah Myszka! I hope you mean dogs becoming DEAF? :D

Or else Steve is even cleverer than you thought.

Edited by Amhailte

:D Am :D :D

yes DEAF.

I typed it looked at it and thought - it doesnt look right.... but couldnt think of the alternative :D ;)

BTW - you must have read whats in my signature :p

This adds to my collection of classics :)

death - deaf

pray - prey (drive)

distruction - distraction

I bet there there is plenty more - Im just not aware what they are :eek:

Edited by myszka

Hi there!

I would love to come along to this. My golden and I are really learning together at the moment. Some confirmation of what we are doing and so help in 'many' areas would be fantastic.

Question: Where is it being held? And is it best to bring your dog? Would you miss out if you didn't bring your dog?

Kurrajong Heights is one of the last suburbs in Sydneys north west, almost up in the mountains.

You would not miss out if you came with no dog. Majority of peole bring the dogs but some preffer to have some freedom and not to worry about looking after their dog, so that they can concentrate more on what Steves says (instead of trying to make your dog stay in a down position)

I have a 2yr old Maltese X that has some fear aggression. He is a rescue dog and I have no idea of his past. Would he be suitable for this course and if so, what if he starts yapping at the other dogs? I would love to teach him to recall for his safety and mine.

if he decides to yapp all day it might be best not to bring him.

There is no way you will make your dogs fear agression stop by bringing the dog to 1 day workshop.... however you would get info on how to do it yourself later progresivelly.

Also dogs dont learn to reaclll in 1 day, but you would get the instructions on how to teach your dog to recall. Its up to you to put the hard yards in after.

if he decides to yapp all day it might be best not to bring him.

There is no way you will make your dogs fear agression stop by bringing the dog to 1 day workshop.... however you would get info on how to do it yourself later progresivelly.

Also dogs dont learn to reaclll in 1 day, but you would get the instructions on how to teach your dog to recall. Its up to you to put the hard yards in after.

He just barks until he knows the dog, if they ignore him he stops. He is not yappy in general.

I realise I can't get him to do all this in one day but if I can learn what to do and take that home with me to teach him then that's what I'm after.