Dry Food For Puppies

The old saying you get what you pay for is certainly true....

I'm not sure I agree. In 20 years of breeding dogs I've NEVER fed the more "expensive" brands of food (unless I won it anyway) and I would challenge anybody to tell me that my dogs are less healthy or less coated than dogs on other foods.

I think it is more a case of "horses for courses" and "one man's meat is another man's poison".

Hello All,

I have to go with Ellz on this one,

Spending more $$$ does not equal better quality at all

some foods may have a higher digestability for dogs and so can eat less of it.....

But dogs wont thrive if they dont eat it either!

I have tried many foods but i will remain loyal to what works and for my dogs that is supercoat :cry:

I would be inclined to just feed the pups on one food, their time with you should be spent on growing and getting used to house hold sights and sounds. My pups go off with a 2 kg bag of the food they've been weaned on (I use Royal Canin so this is free from the manufacterers) after that it is up to the new owners to switch the puppy onto whatever they like providing they follow the instructions of doing it over several days. I think younger tums are more prone to getting upset so leave the experimenting with different foods until they are older.