One day I will have one with both!

You need a Border Collie to get that.. :laugh:

Sorry, but that was just too good an opening to resist..... :p

I could be rude but "If you can't say something nice don't say anything" :(

Tarka - get ready for tomorrow  :cry:

Im equiped with more information  :cry:

How is the loose leash walk going? you will be tested tomorrow!  :(

:p

I've have to work in the morning, but I'm hoping to still make it.

The leash is better; Ruby got promoted to white last week :laugh:

Edited by Tarka

Hi myszka,

I am interested in his lines, but I have not seen his web site for a couple of years.

His lines interest me because they go back to some old German working lines and combinations. Maybe more interested in the results of his breeding because the guy who breeds them (cannot remember his name) studied (I was told) with Ottmar Vogell for a while and he is supposed to know the best combinations for working Dobes, although I thought from the last time I saw his site they were more SchH dogs.

Do they have any reputation as far as work or SchH goes in Oz? (I am in UK).

First of all Sch is not a popular sport in Oz. At the sch club you will be lucky if you see 10 dogs all up, thats in Sydney 4 milion people live here.

Von Forell have the reputation of the working lines, but from what I know they dont breed dobes any more, I might be wrong.

Von Forrell is in Victoria Im in NSW.

Seen one Von Forrel bitch at the Sch club, thats all. In fact she could well have had a different prefix.

There are some people that try to combine the show and working lines.

Try looking at Fireaxdobes.com

OK got the picture on Sch, not much different in UK, in mainland N Europe there are clubs al over the place, especialy Germany where there is a club in almost every village.

All show Dobes and I think many other breeds MUST have Sch1 before they can be shown at inter level, not a big deal I know but it does keep the drives balanced to some extent and all Dobes thorughout mainland Europe must have Sch1 to get a breeding licence, except Germany where they must pass ZTP.

I am surprised the V Forrel has gone not least because he went to a lot of trouble, time and expense to get them there in the first place, I think he might have had to pay something for the prefix, its 1950s-60s German line and FCI registered (I cant find them so I assume they are no more).

He had rare line combinations and many similar breedings produced many good service dogs as well as Sch, not many service since the collapse of communism and if Sch is not popular there not sure they would have been popular, most of them are not the best looking Dobes and some other things.

Edited by Denis Carthy

At the QLD specialty show/obiedience just recently there were 2 V Forrell dobes, both in Obiedience and both got top placings. From memory they also competed at agility and jumping getting top placings as well.

The bithc that I have mentioned before is certainly from V Forrel lines, but might not have the same prefix thats all.

She is very Euro looking, and in Oz show ring would most likely not be doing that well. I feel she was actually quite nice, very short and not oversized.

Full of beans on the temperament side.

Yes in Europe Sch titles are a breeding requirement.

That is BH for a bitch and Sch I for a dog.

Plus hip Xrays and show scores (3 excellent for a dog, very good for a bitch)

None of that in Oz....

I dont want to start the temp subject here, this has been done to death always ending in arguments.