Start Your Dog In Herding

Have you ever wanted to try your hand / paw at herding?

Live in Melbourne metropolitan area?

Now's your chance...I have gone to great trouble to find the perfect venue and the perfect sheep for you and your dog/s to give it a go. We will also be training on cattle and ducks at a later date for those experienced sheep dogs and handlers that need a challenge.

We will be holding a beginers training day in the next month. If your interested please drop me a line.

WARNING: HERDING IS ADDICTIVE! ;)

Edited by herding_guy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to keep numbers to a maximum 10 / day so it's up to you on when you confirm. I already have one day almost full.

Love to see your collies there, Val who owns the kennels used to breed collies and she would love to see some working.

Dave.

Guest Tess32

It's near Tullamarine I think, and he said it was for inexperienced dogs too (and there would be instinct tests I think).

Nat

I will have to pass this time David thanks for the email :)

wouldnt be fair to take the opportunity from a dog that has not had a chance on sheep yet and Bodie has started pretty well, but i would love to come to a duck day!!! my older girl we desensitised to sheep (DOH!!) she was trial bred and has a bird facination so she might get interested in ducks (goes to sleep in the pen with sheep :kissbetter: )

What age would the dogs need to be? Need any prior experience?

I have a puppy owner in Elsternwick that may be interested in attending. And what is the best way to contact you, email?

All ages are suitable and I'll cater for the under 8 months.

No prior experience is necessary. You need to start somewhere.

Please contact me via email.

Cheers,

David. :kissbetter:

What dates are you planning to hold the "beginner" days? Is there a cost involved?

If a dog doesnt have the "prey drive", is that a problem? Is a certain level of obedience training required?

Edited by chezzyr

hi everyone

i have a border collie named Taz who is 2 years old. she has never seen sheep before and i really think that she will love it.

is anybody here going to go to the herding day?

will there be one on one lessons or just group?