Shock, Horror

shekhina

Dante was a bit standoffish too when I got her sometimes down right nasty

I had secong thought too, about wether she was the right dog for us

but latley she has been so snuggle and loving.

She still has food arrgession issues but they are getting better, but I resigned to the fact that she will never be 100% reliable with food.

She weighs in at 14 kilos now chunky little girl she is.

Musy exchange photos when I get some new ones

Interesting that Dante was standoffish and nasty when you first got her as well! I wonder why they were both like that? Anyways, we've obviously done well with them, creating little snuggly bums :(

Daegon has no aggression with food, or anything else. If the cats want Daegon's dinner he stands back and lets them eat first so I have to lock the cats away. My lot have always been like that, Kovu lets the cats eat some of his dinner before he touches it as well.

Not sure what Daegon weighs at the moment, but he's looking much better than he did and has grown quite a bit over the last week. Finally had his ears glued, but I've taken it off because one wasn't sitting properly, will re-do them tonight. The gluing has already made a huge difference, he looks completely different.

Yes, we must exchange photos, I need to get new batteries for the camera first though :o

I use those rolls as rewards when training. When I was instructing I'd take it along and had very few dogs refuse them, even the fussy ones. And they are better for the dog than cheese or cabanossi. Especially when giving a lot of rewards. Never had an adverse reaction.

Shek that is awesome news!!

I know exactly how streessful it is when your babies won't eat.

It can be pretty scary- well for a worrywort like me anyway.

Both of mine went through a weird phase where they became picky and would only eat obscure things. It got to the point where I was buying sashimi for Henry and making chicken porridge for Beatrice every day (lack of decent freezer).

Then I found SassyTreats- all organic raw human grade food, made to order and delivered to my door. Now they eat that happily and will even enjoy the odd bowl of Eagle Pack.

It is such a relief. You know, sometimes you just have to do what you sense is right for your pooch as opposed to what is commonly perceived to be right. You know what I mean? Dogs have invididual tastes as well, so sometime they just don't like something and that is fair enough.

So great that there is something he likes, it means you can gradually replace it with more healthy alternatives as you please.

:o Great news!!

Thanks!

Yep, I am VERY relieved that he is finally eating, and very happy that he seems to be interested in a really good kibble as well. He's chosen a good time to start eating because he's going through a rather large growth spurt at the moment. Will be gradually switching him onto mainly Royal Canin when I can get my hands on some, while still feeding him the mince he likes as well :o