Maggie-2mths Today Since You Left Us

InspectorRex

Our dearest Rough Collie "Maggie" aka Australian Champion Colbeau Go Get Em Legal-

It has been two months today since you had to leave us for the Rainbow Bridge. our hearts still ache as it it had just happened :D .You were just under 8 years of age, too young but yet too beautiful for this world.

"Maggie" you were a very special girl and meant the world to all of us.

We know that you are at the Bridge with your beloved Brodie aka Nauglamir Seabrooke CDX and your Nanny( our wife/Mum). You will keep them happy there.

Colleen(Mum), Bill ( Poppy) and "Phoebe puppy"( your little 'sister')

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Isn't it increadible the mark our dogs make on us. I have just recently lost my 7 month old pup to 1080 bait, and cannot describe the void it's left. He was my little mate, we did everything together. Looking forward to our new pups (getting two in a months time!), but right now am content with the memories of Irie.

I feel we are all so blessed to have known the wonderful connection that can take place between the two species.

It has been a hard couple of years for us:

April 2003- our beloved Brodie departed to the Rainbow Bridge( our first Obedience titled Collie);

November 2003- our Mum/wife died suddenly with Cancer;

July 2004- we lost our 9mth old Rough Collie puppy to severeal herediary diseases;

and then this July we lost our "Maggie".(our first Australian CHampion).

The term "life sucks" is quite appropriate. :thumbsup:

The DOLers have been wonderful at these very sad times

Thanks WSM- we too hope the tides have turned and that a new era has begun.

I suppose you cope with the love and support of your closest friends in the dog world.I have a couple of friends who have been like sisters to me and daughters too Dad and they have been a God Send.

Our young Rough Collie "Phoebe" was awarded her first points and a Best of Breed a few weeks ago at the age of 10mths and the Rescue boy"Bundy" is going ahead in leaps and bounds and we believe he was sent to us by "Maggie" for us to care for and for a canine friend for Phoebe.

God Bless all who suffer this loss--at times its so hard to go on But we must

I am still unable after more than two years to even think what grave is my late hubbys let alone visit it--he's here in my heart and photos what else matters?

and Ive written the plaque words twice and cant yet order it

though I have set aside the money

I can still at times see him with the first Toy poodle we owned, lived to 17 and devastated both of us when he had to be PTS with NO QofL

But Im mostly still seeing the ravages of cancer on my beloved man and when Im healed howeverlong it takes God will allow me to remember him at his happy helpful plump best!

Somehow Ive been able to get to that calmer space about the dog Shandy, hes chasing balls and Im smiling a t him when I see him now in mind's eye.

:thumbsup:

Grief HAS to be borne in all its frightful stages for the sufferer to heal

Hope the kind well meaning words of DOlers sharing similar experiences does help a l ittle

but let the tears flow and sob out your love in your quietest hour

it helps eventually

God Bless :p

Dear Inspector Rex, it's so hard to take. Them going. Nearly feels impossible for me sometimes. My lab boy went to heaven two months ago. My grief has had a strange turn-around about not what I have lost but what I was given. Best wishes and loving kindness to you friend.

Thanks Val and Katey.

I too , Val, know about the ravanges of Cancer. I gave up my job of 21 years to nurse my Mum at home with Cancer. It is a dreadful disease.Mum died at age 68 in Nov '03 and now I care for Dad who is nearly 83yo."Maggie" was really Mum's dog who I showed and groomed etc so that made Maggie's passing even harder to deal with.

My late Mum's footy team , the Swans( aka South Melbourne/Sydney) won the AFL premiership today after a 72 year drought. Tomorrow I am going to the cemetery to decorate her grave in the Club colours. Mum must have been wathing our her Beloved boys today.

so true'experiencedfun'- you knew Maggie so well and she was a very special grand lady. She touched the hearts and souls of all who knew her. :swear:

Maggie is up there with her "Nanna" and her "Brodie"- they were waiting for her I am sure of that.

Yes Mum's grave looked beautiful after we put the red and white roses, streamers and balloons on it. She would have loved that .I am sure she was watrching the game and gave the Swans a good talking too in the last quarter when they nearly lost the game