Aloe Vera Juice - Getting Them To Drink It

caffiend42

Hi CavsRcute,

It's a bugger, isn't it... i am dying to see a normal poo! lol . They were starting to improve in texture and colour after i started adding the Science Diet I/D food, but then yesterday evening she pooped orange/yellow slime again - it's truly weird. My vet wanted to scope her and take a biopsy, but i was hoping it would clear. Are you giving cooked or raw lamb at the moment? And what else are you feeding your cav? I'm just really concerned that my girl (15 weeks, and this has been going on for almost 3 weeks now) isn't getting the nutrients she needs to grow... i'm a real worry wart! :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goldielover Throw away the capsules they wont do what you need them to do. Go after the juice instead and you'll see a huge difference Just make sure its the good stuff and that its certified .Costs more and tastes heaps worse but well worth it for the results.

Id also throw away the Hills .

I'm going to buy some today because now I'm curious to see how it tastes.

First coffee spray of the morning! Bloody hell - goodluck Buster's Mum. You're in for a real treat. I think it's great stuff but tastes like caca.

depends what you're using it for .The only side effect from it is runny poos so if you see that for the first day or two stick with it but if the runny poos stay for more than 2 days take the dosage back a bit. Id give the dog 100mls for the first week then back it off to about 20mls unless of course you're working on something specific that needs a good shove for the immune system.

David Urch [vet] wrote a book on this stuff for animals and he recommends 5mls even for a brand new puppy .

curious to see how it tastes ? Filthy. :)

Thanks Steve. One of my dogs was quite sick when I got him 2 months ago(parvo) so I have been giving him a homeopathic remedy to help his immune system.

As for the taste, a few months ago a friend put me on to a nutritional supplement that is supposed to be really good for you. It is basically all vegies ground into a powder form and you mix it with water and drink it. To say it was disgusting was an understatement. My OH who would eat poop on toast if he was hungry enough said it was the filthiest stuff he had ever had and refused to drink it again. Will let you know how the aloe compares.

Edited by Buster's Mum

Goldielover MMMM All things considered including your poo problem Id go 100mls and then come back here in two days and tell me if anything has changed.

Cut out any other suppliments and have a go at nothing else but chicken wings until then. Give her one and when she's finished eating it give her another until she says she's had enough twice per day.

Thanks Steve... i'll give it a go. Her poo's are sometimes brownish, but still quite sloppy and at other times are an awful mustard colour, occasionally with mucous.

Just a question about the aloe juice... is there anything i can mix it with to improve taste?

Greentea if you can say that you quite like the taste then Id say you have a watered down brand. Is it certified by the Aloe Council? Or maybe you smoke cigars and your taste buds are buggered. :rofl:

:) aaahhhh, i guess i could always get my pup to smoke a few cigars first!!

:rofl::) Steve you just gave me a nasty visual of Greentea lighting up a big stogie and sipping on nasty enzyme juice ;) :)

Ahem...I got this stuff from Healthy Life, and it also comes laced with honey for the wusses. I'm still frightened... :confused: