Boy Doggies

Many years ago...my first homebred boy dog from my first litter decided to lift his leg for the first time at about 8 months of age.

I wish I could read his mind, he was absolutely disgusted with himself. He lifted the leg, peed all down the inside of the other back leg, put the lifted one back down and NEVER cocked his leg again!

My Rottweiler is hilarious...he's only started lifting in the past couple of months and he can never decide which leg to lift so he stands there, does a jig, picks each back leg up and you can see it running through his mind "hmmm...which one?" before he lifts and squirts!

:rofl:

Yes, I've noticed it's sometimes extremely important to face a correct direction :rofl:)) When I had a toy-terrier, he would turn about 10 times this way and that way every time before finally deciding how exactly to pee :)

Edited by Koza

Hi Amhailte,

We are in the process of training him where he can lift his leg. It is starting to work. Now he only has two pieces of furniture he likes to water. Hopefully, he will learn soon.

The other problem we are currently working on is that as soon as he gets outside, he gets sooooooo excited that he won't stop barking. To stop the nieghbours complaining, we have to bring him inside. The nieghbours run a home day care and our boy gets really excited as soon as he hears the kids.