• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

K9: try this one... lol...

Ciaras after a COLLAR, not a weight belt.. K9 gawd :p :laugh:

My poodles can wear FHR's Vizsla's collars round their waists - no probs.

Ciara if money is no object, check out the Coach brand leather collars on Ebay - gorgeous but EXPENSIVE. :p

K9's puppy leads would be an OK Chi lead but if you are really stuck, a good saddler or leather worker may be able to customise something - I can think of a couple of bridle parts that would make an OK Chi collar :p

My dogs wear the Blackdog or Lupine plastic buckle collars - but they don't pull on the lead and they ain't great big boofers either.

Edited by poodlefan

If you have trouble finding a small enough collar you can get the smallest you can find and take it to a shoe repairers and ask them to put a couple of extra holes in it and trim the length if necessary.

I think in reality quality becomes less of a problem when you get down to things like Chi's, I mean it would be pretty unlikely for a chi to pull hard enough on a lead to break it. A light nylon puppy lead is probably your best bet, or one of the extendable leads as the cord on those is VERY thin and light weight (don't ever use one for a large dog though).

Edited by kelpiecuddles

:p

Gee thanks, the ever helpful K9 force :p :p

I think in reality quality becomes less of a problem when you get down to things like Chi's, I mean it would be pretty unlikely for a chi to pull hard enough on a lead to break it.

Sorry, mine did and bolted off to another dog and its owner to bark at them. :laugh:

I was on the phone at the time talking to a dog trainer, running through some tips on using my new prong collar with my Shepherd who I also had with me.

That'll learn me to try and do two things at once, and to use a nylon leash on my Chi.

P.S Will look up those collars thanks Poodlefan or alternatively go down to Bonnets and see what I can findsies.

cheers

P.P.S Timmy is offended by your comments about his size, or lack thereof. :laugh:

Edited by Ciara

Ciara:

I think K9 needs to include Chihuahua sized collars in his repertoire.... *slap*

:laugh:

I have to say I've met the odd Chi that would benefit from spending time with K9... [imagines K9 in his bite suit with 40 Chis attached to various bits] :p