Grooming A Rough Coat Jrt

Tawnydal

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Clover

Bringing this up again, young Harri has his first show next weekend and needs to be stripped and looking all gorgeous by then :). Oh he is 9 months old, and i cannot find photos on the net anywhere on what he 'should' look like :laugh:.

August1-1.jpg

CH2lol.jpg

He has a Border Collie tail happening at the moment with all of his feathering :rofl:.

My USB cord to camera has gone walkies so i cannot get any new semi stacked shots of the boy up :D. Tips on what to do with him would be great, thanks.

Ooooh Clover, you've left it a bit late to strip him out!!! As showdog said, you really need to keep at the coat on a regular basis.

Still, from those picks he looks okay to me- not ideal but his coat looks neat and not too scrappy. Personally, I prefer a coat that's a little long over a dog that's 'naked' (having said that, Caber's coat ain't perfect atm it's a bit shrot but we're getting it right for the Royal!).

Not experienced with JRTs but I'm more than happy to help out a bit with general stripping on the weekend (not that I'm an expert hahaha).

Can you talk to his breeder?? Or mayb PM someone on the forum who has rough coat Jacks and see what they say.

Also have you looked on the DOL breed pages? Might be some stripped Jacks in the breed profile section??

Anyway, will see you and young master Harri next Saturday. YAY!

Ah well here goes, the boy looks a bit naked at the moment but i think he still looks gorgeous. His coat was not that long on his body, it was just his head, tail and legs that were fluffy :eek:.

HazStripped1.jpg

HazStripped2.jpg

Not the best photos sorry, will try for some more tomorrow in the daylight.

Thanks SP, any help at all would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone.