Ollie Dog Has A Lump

Staffyluv

Was chasing the boofer yesterday (trying to get the ball back) and he did a sharp turn.. Before he took off again, he stopped and his back leg sort of gave out but he seemed to recover and took off again...

I was bathing (just now) and found a really prominent lump on his rear leg - feels really hard, like a cramped muscle. But this is about the size of a 10 cent piece and I would say is sticking out about .5cm... Like I said really noticable... It is not on his skin, seems to be under it and it does not move, just a hard lump...

I will be making an appointment and adding to our shares in the vet surgery tomorrow, just thought someone here might have an inkling... :crazy:

Any ideas, thanks in advance

Jodie

Edited by Staffyluv

aww hope hes ok... doesnt sound to bad if hes not in any pain or discomfort... sounds like what horses get if they are overworked on hard surfaces called shin splints.? dont know if dogs can get them just sounds familiar either hard work sharp turns unintentionally.... dont know good luck and let us know how he goes

Cougar has something that sounded similar to this not so long ago.... 'cos Coug's is a bit older, it really scared the livin sh*t out of me. His was in the rear hind thigh muscle, about 5cm across.

The vet removed it and sent it off to diagnostics, turned out that it was some sort of prior injury that caused the lump of scar tissue.

Boy did I breath a huge sigh of relief.

Wishing you all the best at the vet tomorrow... hopefully it is nothing to worry about.

Hamish decided to over Ollie this afternoon and he found another 2 lumps...

He has taken a needle biopsy of each of the 4 lumps in total and Ollie is booked in for surgery on Monday...

Hamish thinks that 2 of the lumps are just lipomas but he said he is not sure about the other 2...

To top it off, I have been at the hospital this morning with my hubby as he has broken his ankle in two places...

So fingers crossed here that it is all OK on Monday... I have absolute faith in Hamish and his team and I know that he will take great care of my munchkin mutt...

Cheers

Jodie

Ollie had his surgery today...

Hamish found another 2 lumps, so that is 6 all together that have been removed...

The 2 largest ones have about 6 or 7 stitches in each, then there are 2 a bit smaller with about 4 stitches and the smallest 2 have 1 stitch each...

The poor little fella has cuts all over him... He was crying when I first got him home but seems to have settled a little now... And is even eating some chicken and veges (no HSD-UD tonight, he can be a bit spoilt for a while)...

Both front and rear right legs had the 2 biggest lumps removed, so he is limping a fair bit...

2 lumps are being sent away to pathology as they were different to the lipomas that were removed... Fingers crossed they are nothing at all...

Will update when we know more...

Thanks

Jodie and Ollie dog

He was crying when I first got him home .........

Sometimes this is just the affects of GA wearing off. In those cases, I think it's more a worry to us, than it is to our dogs (my girl does that when she's had an op, and appears to hallucinate for a little while .... )

Hope Ollie is ok.

Just a quick update for those interested...

Ollie is on the mend - the op has not hurt his appetite at all... I think he thinks that he should have a constant supply of food to make up for what he has been through...

He is pretty sore today and tends to be very careful when he sits down...

Poor little buggar has 3 legs with incisions, plus one under his tummy and one under his chin... So he is limping (when he remembers)... If he finds a toy, he seems to forget about the limp...

He gets his stitches out around the 18th November, so hopefully we will have the results back of the 2 lumps that Hamish was concerned about...

I will try to get some pics of all the incisions he has... Hubby was bored (he is home with a broken leg) so he counted the stitches Ollie has and there are 42...

Will update when we have more news...

Thanks for all the well wishes

Jodie