Lumps And Rapid Breathing

shekhina

My family's dog is going to the vet tomorrow...but I don't think they're going to get very good news. The dog is an 11 or 12 year old staffy X who is very sore in the joints, has lumps appearing all over her body and her breathing is very fast.

Anyone know what might be happening? Possible cancer spread to the lungs?

Thanks Jodie,

it's got me feeling rather down. My dad has already said that if she's in any kind of pain he will have her PTS. I know that's for the best, but we've had her since she was 12 months old and it's so hard to know that she's unlikely to be with us much longer :laugh:

Is your Ollie going to be OK?

Shek, most of Ollies lumps appear to be fatty lipomas... They can grow quite quickly and often the dog will get more than one, so multiple lumps can appear... They are also harmless....

Ollie had 2 lumps that need to go the pathology as they were not lipomas and the vet just wants to make sure that they are nothing sinister...

I am confident that Ollie dog will make a full recovery...

Your vet can do a needle biopsy on the lumps to see what they are, before the trauma of surgery...

As for the breathing, I am sorry but I don't know anything about that...

Hopefully you will have some news soon...

Please keep us updated...

Cheers

Jodie

Just heard from my Dad...Tajah's chest sounds clear but my Mum asked for chest xrays just in case, so they're being done now and if anything bad comes from those they'll call me.

The lumps have almost all disappeared...so dunno what they were. She still has some fatty lumps but she's gotten those for quite a few years now, not sure what they're caused by.

Her breathing could be just because of the humid weather lately. She is also going to be started on a course of injections for arthritis.

A huge thank you to those of you who replied to my post, it is greatly appreciated. I've been very upset about this and was more upset when I didn't see anyone posting to help, although I know that many just wouldn't know. It meant a lot that you guys took the time to at least aknowledge you didn't know and to offer your sympathy.

Thank you :)

Perhaps they were just cysts? My dog had a small lump on his face,it was getting latger and I was very worried, then when I went to check on it again it wasn't there. The lump came back again and we got the vet to check it out, it was only a cyst. I was so relieved. That explains why it went away and came back.

Hope your dog is ok.

Edited by girl05

Thanks guys :)

It is all good news so far. The vet listened to her heart as well and apparently it all sounds fine...so HOPEFULLY she's just in a bit of pain as well as the humidity as you said Brigantia and that the course of injections will help that.