Rmb Supplier

Hey Guys,

Well I finally found a BARF Diet Supplier (was sick of making it myself) in North Brisbane (Lawnton) to buy my dog food from, but now I'm looking for a Supplier of Raw Meaty Bones.

I'm particularly looking for Beef, Pork or Lamb bones with a fair bit of meat on them, Chicken Carcasses/necks, or even Rabbit. Would prefer to buy it cheaper in Bulk.

I live on the Sunshine Coast, but as I go to North Bris once a month to buy the dog BARF diet, so anywhere in that area would be fine.

Thanks in advance,

-WithEverythingIAm

BigDog Petfoods (where I assume you are getting your stuff from) was going to be supplying bones soon, have they cancelled those plans?

Otherwise you could try Canine Country Pet Foods. They are on the southside but I think they do deliveries. They also offer a 5% discount to all CCCQ members. Phone: 0732082849

:thumbsup:

I buy bones from Big Gun butchers.. 1$ a bag (about 2 kg)... not very meaty, though. There's chicken mince, too, at 1$ for a 2 kg bag.

Is there a better source?

My guys aren't on barf, they just need something to chew.

BigDog Petfoods (where I assume you are getting your stuff from) was going to be supplying bones soon, have they cancelled those plans?

Otherwise you could try Canine Country Pet Foods. They are on the southside but I think they do deliveries. They also offer a 5% discount to all CCCQ members. Phone: 0732082849

:D

Yeah Big Dog Pet Foods - my furkids LOVE IT - They look up at me asking "And where's the rest?" One who needs to gain weight has "Weaner" the other who needs to loose weight gets "the edge" + diet bikkies.

They don't have any yet. Not on their website anyway, and I tried e-mailing them the other day, and they were returned??? Maybe I should try seeing if it works again.

Bex - BigDogPetFoods is in a dodgy building just around the corner from the showgrounds at Lawnton. I totally forget the name of the St? Junction or something? Dunno it's a really dodgy building, and they are on the right side at the end of their group of building, but the food is GREAT! You have to buy it in bulk - 20KG lots, and it is $2.30/KG, and has to be kept frozen as there's no preservatives in it, as will go off if the whole 20KG was put in the fridge. It's in a good spot for us, as it's right near the building we go to show our new kitty next year. The Meat is a Beef/Roo mix I beleive? It's specifically made for Racing Greyhounds, but I don't own Greyhounds.

website is at http://www.bigdogpetfoods.com

What are the rough prices of Canine Country Pet Foods? I'm going to visit my aunty/uncle in laws next month, and they live at Munrubin - is it close-by there at all?

-WithEverythingIAm

Varicool

I don't think Canine Country have a web site, but they do have an email address:

[email protected]

Their phone number is: 07 3208 2849. They are based on the cnr. Station & Croydon Roads, Woodridge.

The back of the card that I have says they sell Beef Mince; Chicken Mince; Roo Mince; Beef & Roo; Chicken & Beef; Chicken & Roo; Kennel Mix (Beef, Chicken & Roo); Cooked Rolls; Chicken Wings, Drumsticks, Necks, Frames; Roo Tail Bones; Lamb/Beef Brisket. I know they also have Turkey Necks and often Turkey Mince.

They home deliver to a variety of areas (a delivery fee does apply) and they offer a discount to CCCQ members.

I've been feeding my furkids their food since Big Dog stopped delivering to Carol's at Greenbank and they are all doing well on it. The chicken frames are quite meaty too. :D

They don't have any yet. Not on their website anyway, and I tried e-mailing them the other day, and they were returned??? Maybe I should try seeing if it works again.

The only way to contact them is via the phone numbers, he just can't seem to get the hang of the email. :D

ETA: The only thing to remember with the Canine Country mince is that there is no bone in there, it is meat only. So to get the correct phosphorus/calcium ratio you will need to add bone.

Edited by molasseslass

I just rang them gee their prices are excellent will be off their tomorrow what is a good calcium supplement sorry to be a pain

I wouldn't use a calcium supplement, too risky, you just need to add more bones with very little meat on them.

So a small amount of mince with a lot of chicken wings or turkey necks or the lamb flap bones etc.

Or do what I do, which is buy the mince from BigDog Petfoods (delivered) and buy the bones from Canine Country. :thumbsup:

Thx very much, guys!!

Am currently buying mince from Pet Cafe - which is expensive.

Wanted to move to a BARF diet for my staffy, before I get my Dogue de bordeaux pup in January. Breeder feeds them barf diet, so wanted to get into the habit of it!!

thanks guys that is lucky they are only 10 minutes away from me :thumbsup:

You'll be happy to know that Gary has now mastered emails and will respond accordingly (I received emails today from him)

BigDog? Or Canine Country are 10 mins away?

We were talking about BigDog's e-mails not getting thru. I've e-mailed them before, but doesn't seem to get thru anymore.

-WithEverythingIAm

I just rang them gee their prices are excellent will be off their tomorrow what is a good calcium supplement sorry to be a pain

I wouldn't use a calcium supplement, too risky, you just need to add more bones with very little meat on them.

So a small amount of mince with a lot of chicken wings or turkey necks or the lamb flap bones etc.

Or do what I do, which is buy the mince from BigDog Petfoods (delivered) and buy the bones from Canine Country. :thumbsup:

Do you get charged the $27.50 delivery fee they were going to charge us? We go down there every month or so anyway, so decided to just pick it up from there, and skip the fee:) Do you feed Weaner, Edge, or Roo/Beef Mix? What other ones do they have apart from the Greyhound ones on their website? Do your dogs gobble it up like my lot?

Great food anyway. I will have to make a trip to Woodridge next time I'm down Munrubin way.

-WithEverythingIAm

Last time I checked it was $16 delivery for as big an order as you make, not really an issue when I would pay $4.80 in tolls and then petrol and time on top of that. :mad

Do you feed Weaner, Edge, or Roo/Beef Mix?

I have high energy dogs so it's Weaner and Breeder's Choice for me.

What other ones do they have apart from the Greyhound ones on their website?

Dunno, ask Gary. :mad

Do your dogs gobble it up like my lot?

Yup they love it.