Central Coast/newcastle People

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another outstanding night! Thanks so much to Winterpaws for organising it and Steve of course for coming all this way to share his knowledge. It was great to be able to put faces to names of so many DOLers at last. I am sorry I had to leave early but I certainly gained a lot in the time I was there. Ben slept all the way home (1 and a half hours!!) Looking forward already to the next time! (And the meal was an unexpected and very delicious bonus!!)

Just thought I should add my thoughts. FANTASTIC night all round. It was really nice to catch up with Brooke and Ben as well as meet a lot of new people.

Steve is brilliant with both people and dogs. His explinations are clear and concice as well as making a lot of sense.

Winterpaws THANKYOU so very much for a really enjoyable meal as well as the hospitality. Your dogs are just stunning, a real credit to you.

Cheers

Linda

Yes! Steve: :laugh::o:laugh:

Thankyou so much for your knowledge (again) and for driving so far to educate us.

Winterpaws and OH - thankyou for allowing us to visit your home, for your hospitality and for allowing us to play with the dogs!

We had a great night. It was great to meet some DOL people and put faces to names. Flame sends sloppy licks to you all! :p

i also would like to add my heartfelt thanks to cindy and her OH for their hospitality and generosity to me and my girl and to steve for making me realise i'm not such a bad dog owner,just a novice with a lot to learn,fantastic night once again,can't wait till the next one :laugh::o

tina

p.s.training start's today,motivation is back :laugh: :p

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say I really enjoyed last night and learned a lot. It was great to meet you all. Flame had a big day and had no trouble getting to sleep! hehehe

PS - "Ben" the German Shepherd was very cool and I think Flame misses him :laugh:

Edited by Flames_Daddy

Hi again all,

I have had a lot of pms complimenting my lovely dog and I just want to set the record straight. He was bred by Schneeberg Kennels down in Sydney I think and they have gorgeous looking dogs with great temperaments. I let the breeder choose which puppy would best suit me and my home life and she chose Ben. I think she did wonderfully!

When Ben was about four months old, I took him to Steve as I wanted to make sure that i got off on the right foot (paw) with this new puppy and I think it was an investment which has really paid off. Ben and i still have along way to go - I know that I am in no way making the most of his brains and brawn but with perseverance (and some more classes with Steve) I think he will be a wonderful lifetime companion!

So thanks again for all the compliments but I would give all credit to the breeder and the trainer (who in my opinion is just the best!)

what a great talk, i was impressed, and cindy you are such a wonderful hostess and i love henry, ben was very cute reminded me of one of my own i lost years back to old age, ben was just like him when he was young, i lovely lovely boy.

happy and friendly - have to do it again - so much to learn from steve.

gandalf

Sorry :scold:

Hey Flames Daddy :D great photo of you and Flame btw.

I spoke to jbbb and we agreed that all of it is MAINLY MY fault. :rofl: Well you contributed by choosing the breed - gotta give you credit for that :confused:

I directed you to the breeder, than I gave you a lecture at a dog show, than some more convincing at lure coursing. Finally told you about a dog trainer (I only partially feel responcible, Winterpaws has something to do with that as well, I belive)

Now.... just picture how much money all of this has cost you :p

Crates and entry fees for shows, fees and collars for dog training. Traveling time etc (im not taking any responsibility when it comes to your choice of a car)

Plus jbbb still owes me coffe (only kidding - I dont drink coffe)

All of that simply becouse I did a talk on Dobermanns at the Royal :rofl::laugh:

Gawd forbid you come to my place and my OH starts to talk to you about Ducatis :D :rofl::rofl:

Hey Monika (myszka) indeed full credit goes to you for getting us so excited about Dobes! Your contribution at the Royal Easter show with the presentation on the breed was excellent. Flame is such an integral part of our lives that any expense is inconsequential.

BTW I am happy to talk about Ducatis any day (and ride them) but I guess you know how enthused bikers can get.

Be sure to give Rex a big hug! :confused:

hey guys,

I had a great time at the info nite, definantly glad I went... here are some pics from the night... I tried to get a good shot of Cindy (the lab) but she kept wiggling and moving so all the pic's were blurry... heres one of flame:

post-9-1139793895.jpg

post-9-1139793895.jpg