Central Coast/newcastle People

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi rubeedoo! Thanks for posting those pics - a nice momento of the evening. :happydance2:

No doubt that flame is doing her typical "play bow" to get Ben up for some frolicking in that pic of them in action.

Incidentally your rescued lab x staffy pup looks very healthy and extremely keen! Good on you for rescuing such a nice dog! :happydance:

K9: have a look at the raised paw, frozen mouth,,, this is good focus work....

thanks steve, she has fantastic drive & focus (sure makes training easy!).. but how do I test for nerve? btw thanks for having that discussion on decoy work with me at the end of the nite..

Incidentally your rescued lab x staffy pup looks very healthy and extremely keen! Good on you for rescuing such a nice dog!.

thanks flames daddy.. shes my pride and joy, shes the little one I was telling you about.. heres another photo from the night, lol, its of you being mobbed!

post-9-1139803796.jpg

post-9-1139803796.jpg

Indeed 65KG is makes for some funny moments during playtime. Meanwhile poor Flame was trying to leap up over the fence (a very tall fence) to join the fun from the other yard. She hates to miss out... did you check out the circumference of Henry's neck? It was truly massive...

Oh boy what great photo's of Cindy's dogs. They sure are superb and they sure do look like they were having a ball instecting Flames Daddy <g>.

Flame is quite stunning as is Ben.

Oh and just how is the training going with Cindy (the lab)?

Cheers

Linda

Wyee NSW Aust

http://www.comcen.com.au/~birichino/ (it's a start)

Ever get the feeling

That your stuff strutted of

Without you?

looks like you're serenading the dogs

:happydance: Well as Flame can verify I have been known to occasionally sing to a dog... normally the response is a slight look of confusion from the dog like "what the heck was *that* all about?" :happydance2:

lol, flame nearly got over the fence too... im pretty sure cindy said henrys neck was 65 cms!!

Wowzsers! :cooldance:

Hi everyone,

just a little update,i am over the moon,we got out the front gate by friday(she walked right beside me)and crossed the road yesterday,i knew there was a smart dog in there,just an uneducated owner,steve is the master :laugh::laugh:

thanks for your interest

tina

R":

but how do I test for nerve?

K9: there are a few different tests, the level of test is dependant on the goals for the dog.

For eg you need more solid nerves for things such as protection work than you would need for sport work etc...

If your going to train your dog for obedience in prey drive, you want enough nerve to make sure that the dog will stay in prey drive under distraction, for eg other dogs barking, road noise etc...

If it was for true protection, I use the stake out test to eval nerves...

Cindysmum:

just a little update,i am over the moon,we got out the front gate by friday(she walked right beside me)and crossed the road yesterday,i knew there was a smart dog in there,just an uneducated owner,steve is the master

K9: In fact Tina your the master.... I only demonstrated what could be done, from there its all you....

Well done...

AB:

Didn't I tell you he would fix it and it would be ok!

K9: yes, Im just Mr. Fixit! :laugh: