Herding With Herding Guy

We have all just got home from herding for the first tme with Herding Guy. Sascha looked great and seems to have some good natural ability to build on. The thing that blew me away though was Beau! I took him along so as not to leave him behind but we ended up putting him in the pen with the sheep! For anyone that doesn't know Beau is a lab X boxer with a bit of mastiff in the mix. It was amazing to see him herding sheep :thumbsup:

All up it was a great day, great dogs, great people and even the weather was fantastic :rofl:

There should be some photos later when the others put them on :rofl:

TRUST ME CLICK ON THE PHOTO OF THE GREEN SOFT CRATE AND LOOK CLOSELY!

Edited by kelpiecuddles

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arr it was a good day and good to finerly meet some Dolers :D

well my crazy( bull in a china shop) :p :rolleyes: DOG is sound asleep :worship: .....

and so he should be after all that hard work today :)

i was happy with how he went even though he is a little full on :p but hey thats aussies for ya :D :cool: :D

cheers sam

So glad you finally went to see Dave, Geoff and the gang at Mooreholm Park.

They are all wonderful people.

Bye the way to everyone at Mooreholm Park, Happy New Year to you all

Dave is so easy going making him a great instructor.

Did you see their dogs working? Wow I don't think Gambit will ever work as good as them.

Looking forward to seeing the photos

he's a big dog though so he scares the crap out of the sheep :rolleyes: , if he got back and didn't work so close he probably wouldn't be too bad. He just a bit pushy sometimes.

Is anyone else having trouble viewing the second two photos?

Edited by kelpiecuddles

lol there was even a aussie shepard to argue about Hedds!!!

lol not as many pics as i had hoped LOL too busy having fun!!!

normal_bodie.jpg

Hubby playing with my images!!thumb_bodie.jpg

funny looking dog

thumb_baby.jpg

arrgggh hubby is frustrating me try clicking on the photo to humour him please!!!!

Edited by Sparty

Hi Wagalot,

I was getting photocopying done then buying stamps, folding Renewal Forms for 160 BDAG Members plus putting the stamps on the envelopes. I'm off to post them shortly.

Then have to think of some games for the Geelong DOLERS who are coming to play tomorrow

If your not doing anything come on down. We start at 2.00pm and finish about 7.00pm at 57 Coppards Road, Newcomb.

Will be at Mooreholm Park next week. I think I'm down on the list. (Am I Dave or Geoff? Is Helen down on the list too?).

Wendy & Gambit (Aussie Shepherd)

hehe thanks i know....i do have a good butt don't i :p :D :D

well theres a good pic of cooper trying to do as his told

thanks sparty

hey Gamby sounds like u having been having a fun day :D would of been more fun with us.

hey does gamit throw him self at the sheep like cooper :rolleyes: he seems to have no fear, just jumps in there.....he likes to keep them moving too, if they stop he bites there bums :):worship: Aussies got love them :cool:

Hi Sparty & Wagalot

Now I know who you are Sparty! Your with the Ballarat Flyball Team. I'm with the Bellarine Flyball Team. I used to run Annabell and Mister Scotty a long time ago.

Wagalot, Gambit is very good with the sheep. He isn't afraid to go in on the fence and move them out. When Dave is in there with him he works really well. I am just so unco-ordinated. when Dave was the dog and I was the handler I could cope with the sheep really well as I was watching the sheep only, not Dave. When I'm in with Gambit I normally use the rake in the worst way. So I'm changing over to the whistle.

Hi everyone

It was great meeting some other DOLers today. Good to put a face and name to the forum name :rolleyes:

Here are some of the pics I took today. I will apologise beforehand if I happen to stuff this up. Here goes!

This one...go Sascha!

PICT0145.jpg

And this one...Hi Pippi

PICT0147.jpg

Would you buy your next car from these people :worship:

PICT0146.jpg

Go the Aussie Shepherd.....with a tail!

PICT0139.jpg

Here's Lochie the corgi x doing her thang!

PICT0156.jpg

Here's Bodie (sp?) in the yard..nice work Sparty

PICT0161.jpg

Here's Tasha and Dave.....don't fall Dave!

PICT0173.jpg

KC, told you Sascha could learn to back and bark!

PICT0186.jpg

Scout and Tasha trying to get the sheep into the "Claytons" race.

PICT0171.jpg

It was a really fun day...