Maya

Labsmum

I visited your river today Maya (the Maribyrnong). I hadn't been back since that last day when we went there together. You got excited in a muddy puddle forgetting quite your exact joy but just remembering your love of water.

You were an olympic swimmer. That river you swam in daily in from yr 4, you loved it, the Maribyrnong. You were such a good swimmer. I km at a time. You crossed it once and landed on the other side. You worked it out and swam back to me.

It was hard to visit the river today. I cried wondering why you were not there. I expected you Maya to be there. How silly is grief? I hated 2005 becoming 2006 because Maya was still there in 2005. It is so hard to accept loosing a loving dog friend. It is so good to have known him.

Pic is indoors when he was 15.

Edited to ad hugs to you inspector rex. The timing of our doggy losses are close. It changes, the grief, very imporant though not to get stuck in it. Blocked grief is a killer.

DSC00176.JPE

Edited by Katey

Hi Katey, I hope the pain you feel for your loss of Maya is subsiding and more good memories are coming back to you now. It's lovely that you have places to visit that remind you of him and one day when you least expect it, the tears will stop falling and a peaceful calm will envelope you.

Look after your mum, angel Maya.