Photos Of Hot Spots?

Teebs

Thanks for that Trace, I thought it was just the concrete but wanted to be sure...I actually think he has them on his elbows too now I come to think of it.

I dunno why he'd chew one off either...perhaps he was biting at something on his leg and he pulled it off :thumbsup:

And now for something completely different.... :thumbsup:

ruskihotspot.jpg

This is a hotspot that I clipped back as far as I could with scissors. The skin was all scabby, but not pussy and red like in the other pictures. It was pretty much gone after 4 days of Pyoderm cream - but Ruski was also on antibiotics for a contact allergy at the same time so that may have sped up the healing of the hotspots.

I have found after many years of thinking humidity causes hot spots, that in my case at least it is definetely diet related. One of my guys gets them if he eats beef and another gets them because she lacks enough zinc in her diet. Since I have been feeding chicken based diets and supplementing with zinc tablets I have not had one single hot spot.

I might also add that when they used to get them I would clean the spot with Listerine, dry it and then cover with white zinc cream. It clears them up overnight - no kidding!!! :thumbsup:

I never vary Ruskys diet as she vomits if anything with additives or food colouring is included so what she can have she has regularly like chicken carcas, marrow bones fruit and vegies. I get the carcas and bones from same source.

I thought it was humidity too which we don't get too often over here but this summer has been very humid, then she got the hot spots last week and it is cool. :p

I will try your method next time, this huge latest one is healing nicely but it affected her tail wag, so sad.