Small Brag - Obedience

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: he hates school but i think he also loves it :o the first night it happened i took the little guy to school on his own- he must have been fretting for his beloved charlie! (he follows him everywhere) then there was a massive storm- all the lights went out- huge ammount of panic @ the grounds- espically by the newbies- it rained sooo heavy you couldnt even see the road and it took me about 1 1/2 to get home! so me thinks he associates school and that night very closely together- everytime he realsies thats where we are going he freezes up- but when we get there and he can run around for an hr before class- he loves it!!!

anyway... how was class last night? would have loved to go but was @ work all night anyway and wont be there next week either- so will see you all in a fortnight :laugh:

Hey there!

Yeah it went well, we had 4 & 5 combined so we had Jack and Don, there were only 5 of us

Eddie did really well for 2/3 of the class til he realised that it would be more fun to try to play with Coopy for the rest of class!!!

Jack said he has an excellent stand though and that he worked well and not to expect him to always concentrate the whole way through class being that he's still a youngin!!!

Then at the end he got us to do a 1/2 minute sit stay, which felt like ages and Eddie was great

Then after Jack laughs and says, well that was a full minute, well done

Your poor boy having that happen on his first night, no wonder he's a little skittish going there, how long have you been going? And how old are your two?

don is fab- he is my favorite!!! i find him very encouraging and helpful! it wasnt hamishs 1st night- but 1st time he was taken on his own- we couldnt both go that evening so i decided to pick the one that needed the most help and take him- never again!!!!

we started last july (mid july i think) also talked 2 of the girls @ work into joining aswell!!!

charlie is 2 1/2 and hamish is 2 in a week or so!!!!

Yeah I hadn't had Don before, he was really nice and I always like Jack

Ah poor Hamish, they must get lost without each other

One of the girls we know that has just started has two staffords and one comes to class, the other stays home, and the one that satys home always sulks the whole time she's gone! I've told her to bring him too but she's worried he'll spend the whole time barking, to which we replied ummm so ? It's a dog school, there's lots of barking!!! The only people who really notice are the ones who own the dogs lol

since the very momment that hamish arrived home he has followed charlie everywhere- but hamish is actually the alfa dog- he is such a little bully- but take him away from his beloved charlie or vice versa and you can hear him sooking miles away! they are like brothers- beat each other up, groom each other, torment each other, sleep together and follow each other, we tried going on a walk and seperating around the corner to the park- i went one way with hamish and charlie was taken the other way- they both howled for each other- little beasts!

And the beagle howl is soooo pityful too

Can't wait to meet the little guys

we have prob walked past each other on several occasions!!! are you sure you havent seen a 2 girls with a beagle each on a wed evening- usually hangin out with a couple that have a young black sharpei?

as for the beagle howl :love::rofl::rofl: they also sound like wart hogs when they are on a scent!!!

is eddie going to be all right and able to come to the brighton dog beach?

Did you see the puppy beagle last year at Southern who was about 3 months - sooooo cute

He's grown up a bit now but still little and still very cute!!!

I will have to get Tan to bring Coop as well, he used to be scared of the water but now he will swim in the doggy pool so he may be better at the beach, will have to see!

Hiya Shoemonster,

I dont remember there being a Beagle Pup there last year? but we only go on wednesday evenings?

We will be there on Wed Night- very excited. Have changed an app to earlier in the day, beagles and us will be down there by about 6.30 for the routine sniffing hr :happydance2: see you then.

Will your friend and her beagle be @ class 5 with us?

Edited by crazy beagle lady

Hey there - I'm not hiding, just a bit slow lol!!!!

I replied to your other post too, it was funny as I was looking I see shoemonster as a post subject and thought huh???

Great that you're coming

Cooper is still in 4 but he will be there tomorrow too

They've been combining them a bit at the moment so he still may be in with us, how cute will that be with 3 beagles!!!

I thought seeing you took the time to reply in both so would i!!!!!

hamish will be the loud one that will get bored and throw a strop and lay on the ground on his back doing baby seal impersonations and charlie will be the one looking defiantly @ both of us and refusing to do what he is told to do as he is bored!!!

Hamish is sooo bad 1st few classes back that we are actually flipping a coin as to who takes him for the class!!!! let you know in the morning :laugh: