Small Brag - Obedience

Eddie had his last puppy obedience class last week and was placed into Beginner 5 which is the highest Beginner class next to the actual "Coloured" classes - I'm new and don't understand it all properly! I think pink may be like level one or something

Anyone who can explain it to me would be much appreciated lol

He is now almost 7 months and will sit stay drop stay stand stay wait come heel (all on lead, though at home I can do the stays except drop off lead and walk out of the room for sit stay!!!)

Anyway, I'm rambling but I was proud! I know others are probably better at that age but it's all new to me too so I have to learn while he is learning

Bel

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fantastic!! :D

Daegon who is 8 months had his very first obedience lesson yesterday and he made me so proud just by not acting like a dork the whole lesson :o

Sounds like you guys are doing great! I hope Daegon does so well :D

Good on you both. :D

Just remember: It doesn't happen overnight, but it DOES happen.

Sometimes I despair at ever getting it right and then the penny drops and it is sooo good.

And at the end of the day we always go home with the BEST dog.

Thanks guys!

CBL that's right I'll be with you and yours guys!!!! Hopefully he'll behave, he loves Beagles!!!

Sparty, I should have said when I said about them being stuffed, I meant when it's hot and they stay not cos they are being good but because they can't be bothered moving lol Oh except if we're going to the water bowl, then he moves pretty fast :D

Well done.

When I have successful training days - especially with youngsters as they understand an exercise consistently , I break into song (without music). I try to refrain from singing around others, but sometimes on my own, when doing drills and concepts, I cannot help myself.

My singing voice sucks. I cannot even hum in tune.

Lablover, I sometimes want to dance when we've had a good class!!! And then I sometimes actually do!!!

lol

Tan often takes Cooper the beagle for a walk before she comes down to training to tire him out too

She should bring him to play with the evil ones! You will freak when you see how big he is, he's a big boy!!!

Well done to Eddie and to you aswell. We are still in the bottom class. Bronson is very interested in playing and has a hard time concentrating. He also likes to lay down when he is supposed to be sitting - lazy bum he is.

Hope to see you soon. Are you going tonight??

It took Eddie time to start concentrating! Bronson will get there, it takes a while for them to realise they're not allowed to play

Eddie is normally pretty good in class but as soon as we finish he knows and turns into a terror!!!

Yeah we will defiantely be there tonight! My first beg 5 class, scary

Girls... you will love the instructor in Begg 5 :rolleyes: sooo very friendly, lots of help etc.

If it stays as hot as it is i wont be there- i wont put my boys in the car for a 40 min drive in this heat- air con in car is not the best and they will be a mess when we get there :rolleyes: its not fair to do that to them. If i was around the corner that would be a diffrent story :rolleyes:

We're lucky Eddie is great in the car

Cooper beagle used to be awful but since he's been going to obed and swimming he loves it which is heaps easier for Tan

It's not feeling too bad now, still abit hot but theres a bit of a breeze, hopefully we will see you there!