We Are Starting Agility! :d

Hi guys,

Some of you will remember that I have been training my 9 year old beagle cross Murray and have been doing really well with him.

Over the Christmas break I attended Yogibear's summer school with my Dalmatian boy Jake and he did really well. I have been doing a lot more training at home as well with both of my boys and they are both doing really well.

Jake and I went to action dogs agility in Doveton (Melb) on Wednesday night for the assessment and next week we will be starting foundation classes for agility :shrug: Jake and I are very excited :rofl:

Jake is an excitable boy, typical dally with a heart of gold but can be a bit of a handful at times because he gets so excited around other people and other dogs and his attention can fly out the window.

As part of the assessment the dogs had to hold the sit position for 15 seconds with the distraction of the other dogs and then the distraction of having a ball rolled passed them. The dogs also had to recall to their owners past the other dogs and then past the temptation of the ball being rolled.

I was thinking mmm this will be interesting as Jake normally will listen to my commands his ears tend to turn off at times around distractions. He was soo good, holding the sit position with both distractions and his recalls were fantastic! :rofl: The second recall he was so enthusiastic he nearly sent me flying as he was coming at me that fast :love: I was sooo proud of my boy he was a star :rofl: (and yes I am very biased :))

Can't wait to start agility training next week and in a few more weeks I will also be joining Jake up at ADT to continue his obedience training :rofl:

Look out agility here we come :rofl:

Just had to share :laugh:

Anne

post-9-1139484881.jpg

Nothing to do with Anne being bias, guys ..... I can personally attest to the quality of self control and enthusiastic obedience Jake displayed on the evening ............ and I was expecting Anne to go flying backwards on that last recall - it was very powerful! :rofl:

Good for you, Anne .... you dun good :love:

Congratulations Anne. I'm sure Jake will have a ball and make you proud!

I've been playing with Heidi in the yard and set up a couple of tyres and a walking ramp. It was mainly for a bit of variation but she seems to enjoy it. I think it might make for another interesting avenue for her.

We hope to be re-attending ADT at Berwick so look out for us! (Not hard, you know me, flat on my face being dragged by an excited dog! lol)

Well done!!

Sam

... it was soo funny with the Border Collies, Aussie Shepards, The kelpies and then Jake the spotty Dalmatian :love:

His last recall was enthusiastic to say the least :rofl:

Jake showed up a couple of those workin' dogs, huh? Kick ass, Jake! Well done.

Enjoy your agility - both of you ..... I'm certain you will. :rofl:

Sam that's great that you will be back at ADT Berwick! That's where I train Murray :love: though haven't been able to go very often lately :rofl:

Will definately look out for you and heidi and/or Matt I will be training Jake there too soon so no doubt you will see me with one boy or the other :rofl:

... it was soo funny with the Border Collies, Aussie Shepards, The kelpies and then Jake the spotty Dalmatian :love:

His last recall was enthusiastic to say the least :rofl:

Jake showed up a couple of those workin' dogs, huh? Kick ass, Jake! Well done.

Enjoy your agility - both of you ..... I'm certain you will. :laugh:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Well I didn't want to mention that but yeah he did kick butt hey :shrug: Gotta love an excited spotty :)

I think that agility will be a great outlet for all of that energy that Jake has and will also help us to work on our training with distractions :) I am sure that we will both have lots of fun :D

I've been playing with Heidi in the yard and set up a couple of tyres and a walking ramp. It was mainly for a bit of variation but she seems to enjoy it. I think it might make for another interesting avenue for her.

We hope to be re-attending ADT at Berwick so look out for us!

That's what it's about, FS. :love: Hope to see you at ADT Berwick soon. :rofl:

Sounds like you had fun Anne keep us posted on Jake the wonder dog and his agility prowess connor is very jealous says if Jakes gets all buffed up he will have to start working out more or the girls will be swooning over jake instead of him lol

yb

aww jakey auntie simone is very proud of you, toby is jelous he wants to get out there too. dodge just said naaa cant be botherd mum u know im not that agile id rather sit here and be a fat labrador and do nothing...lol huh i have news for you my boy.. anne are u and the boys up for a run tonight if the rain holds off...??

Edited by lablover1