Liver Shunt Testing

DAisy, pup is fasted overnight, taken into vet first thing in the morning, blood is collected, then puppy is given a small meal or glucose drink & blood collected again.

Blood gets sent off for path, and a printout is available with a couple of days.

fifi

It varies from vet to vet, make sure you get a vet who is familiar with PSS testing. But I'd reckon on between $60-$100 dollars, maybe more depending on the path charges.

fifi

when my MIL little Jack X Chi was tested it cost about $100, the two blood tests, the meal and the hospitalisation for the day.

the test was positive. she was given 6 months, that was nearly a year ago now. we have removed all the protien from her diet, as best we can, and keep her on antibiotics and laxatives. she still vomits more than the adverage dog and it going grey, but she hasn't had a seisure since the new diet and is still happy and neuritic as ever.

good luck with the test i hope its negative!!

christie

ETD the pic of Roxy, isn't she the evilist little dog you've ever seen!!! gotta luv her!!

post-5950-1146804951_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crysti_Lei

That's OK, Staffyluv - Fifi knows, I knows... but we don't ALL have to know :):)

Fifi :)

:rofl::eek::cry: oh lordy...coffee on the keyboard again!!

hey staffyluvvy....you'll just have to bombard mistress Daisy with PM's !!!

That's OK, Staffyluv - Fifi knows, I knows... but we don't ALL have to know :) ;)

Fifi :rofl:

:eek::cry::) oh lordy...coffee on the keyboard again!!

hey staffyluvvy....you'll just have to bombard mistress Daisy with PM's !!!

;)

Right then - I'm onto it :)